OMG epay "Three Klipsch Wood Box Floor Speakers Used Good Cond."

Tom Mobley

• Moderators

Michael you are one of the fairest people I know.

As a matter of fact, for some of you that do not know this....Michael had put in a bid on a pair of Forte II's just before dtel expressed interest in them. Michael immediately withdrew his offer and gave dtel the go ahead to make the purchase. At the time Michael did not own a pair of Forte II's, but really wanted a pair. Since we had no Heritage speakers Michael gave us the oppportunity to purchase our very first pair. I know you would not intentionally "upset someone's cart".

Once again, congratulations, you deserve it. BTW, I didn't get a chance to call you back the other night, but I will try in the next day or two. Take care.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael,

Thanks for the offer, I really was interested in the Acedemy. The otherFortes were just the frosting. What I really need is a single Forte I for a center channel speaker. I'll just keep looking for the right opportunity. This is a good brotherhood, when members like you are generous to offer other members the chance to get a hold of some fantastic heritage classics like the Fortes. Again, thanks for the offer.

Todd (Vandyman)

Michael,

Thanks so much! I will take them! This is a Win Win situation, where I get the Fortes I want, and Michael gets the Academy that will work with his system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much! [:)] Let me know when you want me to BUZZ up there and get them !

Peace to the Brotherhood !

I see it this way:

Colter is being very generous & taking one for the home team, again. I suspect he probably does want the forte's to go with his other pair ( I could be wrong ) but is willing to give them up. For those who look at his "mountain" of Klipsch & say jeez, so what, he likes to mix & match within his systems. It's his money & his right.

Michael,

My dad told me about your gracious offer and I would like to thank you. Bill, if you change his mind for any reason, I will take them. Otherwise, I will continue to keep my eyes peeled.

This is by no means a heartbreaker for me. I'm looking locally for some used direct radiating floorstanders that will hit the low notes (looking at Cornwalls and Fortes right now) for a 2-way system in my basement, but it's not a "gotta have it now" proposition by any means. I have my Belles to keep me happy in the meantime.

I'm glad that "all's well that ends well." WAY too many online enthusiast communities would have reacted in an uproar, cursed, spit, promised eternal damnation, etc for drawing attention to an auction that, as was rightly stated, would have been found by anybody looking anyway.

Now if all y'all spot any klipz kornwallls, quartzettes, of choris 2s in oyled wolnut please leave them to me! ;)

Seriously, I'm in the market for a set of WO chorii 2 or Cornwall 2 to act as fronts and relegate my Quartets to rear channel duty. Northeast local pickup is obviously preferred.

I'm always on the prowl for a nice Macintosh amplifier.

You got those $100 Forte's in Montana, right? Lucky Spud!

Yep, I just updated the other thread. I didn't know you were sniffing at them too but I should have guessed. The seller didn't mention any other offers when we struck the deal so I hope you don't feel like I was trying to shoot you out of the saddle.

>>...item an it was announced here then it would pee me off too

Get over it guys. The auction had the (correctly spelled) word Klipsch in the title. Everybody out there running a Klipsch search would have seen it sooner or later. Now, if the doofus had mis-spelled Klipsch as is common it would have been a real under the radar deal. When I was searching for KHorns I ran searches continually and had separate searchs for Klipsh, Klips, etc. I actually turned up a pair of Corns like that.

You're exactly right Tom, so why post same here. The auction never stated >ACADEMY< that I recall. I could be wrong, although I hardly ever am.:>) My point exactly is, if someone is searching for something why post here? It just serves to put everyone on notice and run the price up. Personally I really don't care one way or the other.

Keith

uh-oh, all the way up to 149.99.

pmsummer, I didn't look at the bidder list when I first saw these, I've gotten used to seeing a list of bidder1, bidder2, etc so often don't even look. Too bad the goof spelled Klipsch correctly, if it had been Klipsh or something this could have been a real bonanza. As it is guys interested in it Klipsch would have seen it anyway as it came closer to the date. I used to have searches running for the popular mis-spellings of Klipsch.

Tom,

Yeah, I know, but I was hoping to ride it as long as possible. :-)

And I HATE that new hidden bidder ID stuff.

I actually found this listing early on when I made an idle search for Klipsch Heresy shipping boxes.

Bill,I will also be watching this, I do need the three speakers to fill out my current home theater set. I have original Fortes in walnut oil, and could use the three here to make a happy family of five. I just let go of some Anthony Gallo speakers, so I have the cash to chase these. Hope it doesn't go much more than $600. Wish the pictures were clearer than they are, oh well.

Todd (Vandyman)

Joe,

Thanks for the tip. I have looked at them also. I think the shipping would be too much. I had a sweet deal for 4 Fortes in oak for $600, but the shipping from the west coast was more than the speakers almost. I do need the Acedemy center, I'll see where it ends up at at the closing on Sunday. I know it will run up even further from the $ 230 range as of this evening. I live in the Chicago area, and I would drive to pick up the speakers. Good luck !

Todd (Vandyman)

Michael,

I was watching this....but when it Flew past 600.00............I decided not to bid. ( I was going to buy this and sell the Academy off)..........

If you decide to sell, Please let me know , Please!

Oh Gee, they are only speakers anyway..........no more, no less.........You want 'em.....Bid 'em......Do what's best for you, the other guy will just have to pay more..............isn't that the point to E-Spay...........the MOST the seller can get???????????

un 'watching', does that mean bidding or just interested in how they'll do?

If you're bidding, bid. I'm not responsible for folks who lose out on an ebay deal because they're hoping to snag a super bargain at the last minute.

I bid once, with three hours to go, and offered a fair price.

What's your beef with that Keith?

I'm done here.