sennheiser HD250 Pro headphones

tommyboy

definitely worth the 99. you need to know if they're open or closed cup. I got a pair of open cups that everyone around me could hear the music about as loud as I could. I returned them. Not sure what model they were, but the sound was phenomenal. Depends on if you need to not radiate sound out while you listen....

Remember though that these are 300ohms and you will not be able to run them with portables. They will sound very quiet without a dedicated headphone amp, which can set u back another $100... Your better bet is to get the HD280s, which can be gotten for the same price and more than likely more accurate and are much easier to power at 64ohms.

Sorry Guys,...........................Headphones suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sennheisers are a little fragile....Better headphones out there........

...what? There are after all PRO headphones,designed by pros for pros...[:D]

HD250 I have no answer,I have the HD600 and HD650...so...[:P]

Are these any good? They retail for $199 on their website, but I can get them at a store on base for $99.

Sennheiser's are excellent sounding head phones. The HD250 for $99, what the hell you waiting for... Buy'em.

Thanks for the help guys. I didn't realize there were headphone amps out there. Seems like a bit much. Anyone know any other good ones around $100?

Do you want them for use with a portable device? If not, then the receiver or amp that you have might be sufficient to power them. If you want something a bit more efficient, then you might consider the Grados in the $70 - $90 range. However, they are open cup 'phones - so, people around will hear what you're listening to if you play it loud enough. But, the Grados SR-60/80 work well with portable devices.

SENNHEISER Headphones are over-rated and expensive..........And, what does PRO mean ?

Hold it Hold it! ... Sennheiser HD580/600 and 650 are worth the asking price if you have a quality headphone amp like a Headroom MAX(that I have) and value transparency. I happen to have Grado's RS1's simply magical with the Grado battery powered headphone amp,the SR60,80,125 and 325. Plus the HD600 and HD650 from Sennheiser.

For the price I will agree Grado SR80 or 125's are some of the best sounding cans made. Even the SR60 is a fine sounding headphone set.

Lower priced I will go Grado any day,in the mid priced...again Grado...only when it gets a bit more expensive Sennheiser has the real deal to offer the audiophile. Also AKG has a few great cans but again you need to go higher up to get a great performer...for the price.

I currently own an listen to the HDR 85, while at the office, and the PXC300 when I travel on lengthy flights.

They are both excellent sounding headphones, but... and I hate to admit it, but Oldbuckster is correct about his statement about them being RELATIVELY delicate. I have broken a pair, but since they are lifetime warranted, Sennheiser replaced my broken pair with a brand new Upgraded pair (the HDR 85). I've had them now for about 4 years, and NOT ONE PROBLEM. The are still awsome sounding.

My Koss PRO-4A's are probably about 40 years old and still going strong, I still have a 25ft extension so I can walk all around with them on. I just found out that Koss has a lifetime warranty and I can send them back for a total refurb at "0" cost top that with your Sennheiser's and Grado's.

My Sennheiser HD424 I bought in 1975 for $75 (a lot back then!) are still perfect and I use them all the time. They are 2000 ohm and play fine plugged into headphone jacks, connected directly to the preamp outputs, and (the best) connected directly to the power amp speaker outputs.

The HD424 are flat 15-20KHz and present 102dB at one's ears with only 1.41V (that is one milliwatt of power!); and this with no crossover (single driver) - sounds great. These still show up on ebay every so often.

post-16099-13819330549042_thumb.jpg

Personal choice for me, is to listen to speakers at a lower volume, I just don't care for headphones. No brand in general, just headphones, as a whole. The best 2 I have owned are KOSS, and I liked, and still own Audio Technica, I never use them though, not since I've gone to Klipsch speakers. Owned 2 pairs of Sennheiser in the past, but they weren't warranteed for life........They must have wised -up to the fact they are so fragile...good for them.