New Webcam Up and Running

PhilH

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mobile---My are you torqed-up, calling me names eh? Don't bother telling me about construction Mobile, I've been a field construction Boilermaker in Local 1 Chicago for 31 years, not home remodeling either; high and heavy work building fossil and nuclear powerhouses, smokestacks, blastfurnaces, anti-pollution devices, refineries, chemical plants and such; rigorous and dangerous work. Yeah, I know a little about construction and the people who do it. Your use of the term monkeys is insulting and you don't even know it, you think it's OK. Well it comes across as contempt whether you realize it or not. Why would you say "monkeys" if not to show contempt, why not simply say "who wants to see people pouring cement"? And you're not even aware that the guys who pour concrete are Laborers and that craft has a very high Black membership?!? Oh man, who's obtuse? If I'm misconstruing you, well that's unfortunate but the words came out of your mouth. Listen Mobile, if you went on a job full of tradesmen, showed up in your office casuals and started calling people monkeys how do you think they'd take it? As a joke? You don't get to joke like that with these people, you aren't one of them. I am and I didn't like it. I once saw it said that a gentleman never insulted anyone unintentionally.

"You don't get to joke like that with these people, you aren't one of them. I am and I didn't like it.

- Tom Brennan

Christ, Tom. These people? I am not "one of them?" Can you get any more painful?

Are you putting down the home remodel worker now??? Us home remodel folk are pansies! Not real workers - you know - No danger! Heights! STEEL, Baby! Blastfurnaces! And such! Hell yeah! You know a damn little about 100% A-1 American HARD work.. MANS Work!

God Bless the American Ore Workers of Chi Town! 100% hard workin' Americans of all nationality, creed, religion, background! The Back Bone of our Great Country!

Where can I contribute to the American Way?

GOD BLESS YOU, TOM BRENNAN!

Got Milk?

kh

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 12-18-2001 at 04:43 AM

ROTFLMAO....

After being away from the forum several days, I come back and this is the first thread I pull up.

Seriously, no disrespect guys, but it is rather funny in the sense of not only how far off-topic this has become, but also in how you guys view the "labels" we tend to use. Egg-head engineer, computer geek, knuckle-draggers, and various other discriptive words. Might I suggest that it's not so much the use of the "label", but the context in which it is said? I mean, being an engineer, I've been referred to with various labels and it doesn't bother me - unless it's said purposely to berrate me. Anywho....

So what the heck is a web cam?? Wink.gif

Tom Adams

Man, Deep Purple kicks *** over boring ol' Jazz!

Jazz is for Musician Dorks, and Audio Salesmen!

Nyuck!Nyuck!Nyuck!Nyuck!

No seriously Kelly, you listen to John Coltrane?

If you do, can you give some references to

some of his material?

I always wanted to check this guy out.

Sorry, I haven't listened to much Jazz,I want to

expand my musical horizion, I guess.

THANX!

Mike,

I'm sure Kelly knows his music much better than I but I only have one of his CD's and it's called Soultrane. I like it but not as much as I like his work on Miles Davis's "Kind of Blue". This is an outstanding album (vinyl or CD) that was recorded in 1959 I believe. I highly recommend it...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

so anyways.... look at how far it as come this week! Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

The web cam shows the progress on our ~ 8000 sq. ft. addition to our new 100,000 sq. ft. building here in Indy. The add on is to our new 27,000 sq. ft. engineering and technology center. The 46,000 sq. ft. new facility in Hope is a new distribution facility. Moving distribution from our Hope works will allow us to expand that manufacturing facility. That expansion will include special fabrication cells for things such as Heritage product.

Everybody happy?

This post has been thoroughly checked for insults. Any similarity to persons living or deceased is strictly unintentional. ;-)

"Kind of Blue" has to be one of the all time best albums ever made, whether Jazz or not. It represents a landmark recording that adheres to the "modal" approach where Davis and Bill Evans provided a loose framework of phrasing for which the improvisation revolved around. No one there had ever heard any of the pieces before and all were done in one or two takes at most. The result is as fresh today as it was in '59. The group of musicians assembled were all tops on their instrument with Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Cannonball Adderley, Bill Evans, Paul Chambers, and Jimmy Cobb (with Wynton Kelly as well). All the songs are classics and each can stand on its own as a standard to judge others by.

The original vinyl sounds the best BY FAR. The Sony CD you see all over the place for cheap (20 Bit recording ) is the one that many have; unfortunately, it is one of the WORST reproductions of this classic album in that it does not have hardly any depth, is flat, and is harmonically starved. While it is passable, it is missing much of the magic of other more intact recordings. Another reproduction to stay away from is the digitall remixed vinyl, a virtual horror in sound. In fact, if you see ANY digitally remixed vinyl, give it a WIDE berth. There are 180 gram vinyl copies of Kind of Blue that are far better than most other copies. In addition, Sony has now released the SACD version which is supposedly Far superior to the standard CD. I actually GAVE my standard Sony copy away to a friend who didnt have it. Regardless, it is a must have music wise as well as a piece of US music history... if you can find some 180 gram vinyl, dont pass it up.

There are so many great Coltrane albums such as Giant Steps, Blue Train, Lush Life, Coltrane's Sound, My Favorite Things, Gentle Side of John Coltrane, Ballads, etc..the list can go on and on. You wont find anything less than stellar here.

prestige_20-bitanim.gif

Also, Check out Sonny Rollins. Actually, for super audio quality AND GREAT GREAT sound (besides the left and right sax separation), go for the 20 Bit K-2 recordings, such as Sonny Rollins "Way Out West" ...Here is a list of great 20-Bit K2 recordings:

Sonny Rollins

Way Out West

~ CCD-7530-2 ~ $14.98

Art Pepper

Meets the Rhythm Section

~ CCD-7532-2 ~ $14.98

Thelonious Monk with John Coltrane

~ JCD-46-2 ~ $14.98

Chet Baker

Chet

~ RCD-1135-2 ~ $14.98

Cannonball Adderley in San Francisco

~ RCD-1157-2 ~ $14.98

Wes Montgomery

Incredible Jazz Guitar

~ RCD-1169-2 ~ $14.98

Bill Evans

Waltz for Debby

~ RCD-9399-2 ~ $14.98

kh

ps- my first love is guitar based racket! I have an indie album collection in the thousands...some of which would take the hair off an elk...

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 12-19-2001 at 01:00 AM

Well, Thank you Kelly for the many references here.

I figured Vinyl would be superior to

Digital in this context.

Well that's a bummer, the 20bit Sony sounds dead,

no SACD version,(Yet) so that leaves vinyl

as the choice, unless there is DVDA versions.

I'll just try the 20bit version at least to check it

out.

Boy, I gotta start considering some sort of

decent Turntable, the one I have isn't worth

using!

I have afew Lp's, and even with a cheap junk

TT, sometimes the vinyl kicks CD butt.

Yes I agree, even the thought of Digital Vinyl

does not sound right at all!

Then you would consider it just a 12' CD that

uses a needle, it's blasphemy!

Thanks again for the references!

Mike.

Mobile---Good, very good, you're lampooning me as an individual, I love it. Actually I'm not feeling so manly today, I'm sore all over, I'm getting too old and fat for this stuff. I went out on a new job today as the steward but I gotta work until we get more guys out there. Me and my kid were the first 2 guys out on the job and today we unloaded several truckloads of iron (lesson #1, always call it iron, never steel) beams and column (pronounced "col-yum") supports. Had me jumping like a, a...monkey. I told the superintendant to call The Hall for more guys, this is outta' hand, my knees feel like rusty hinges. But it was nice working with my kid. God Bless you too Mobile, and have a Merry Christmas.

Well, as long as my Chorus II's can handle

industrial strength Metal, which they do.

Jazz should not be a problem.

I am gettin' older, pushin' 40, and getting into

other forms of music, but deep down I am still

just a headbanger and probably always will be.

It was the popular music in my High school Daze.

I'm gonna check into Davis's 'Kind of Blue'

though for sure.

THANX!cwm12.gif