New Webcam Up and Running

PhilH

I just thought there might be some interest here on a new "happening" on our website. If you click "Home" above(to go to our website main page), then click on "Powerful Progress..New Webcam" on the right, it will take you to a page where you can see the progress being made on our new Klipsch Engineering and Technology Center in Indianapolis.

What you are seeing is an addition being made to the building that houses our new Klipsch World Headquarters. That addition will house part of the new Center. The groundwork has been laid and (weather permitting) the steel should be going up soon.

PhilH

This message has been edited by PhilH on 12-14-2001 at 01:31 PM

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.klipsch.com/webcam/bldg_0000000001.jpg

that is the link but i can not get it to work...

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

It is not just at night because at 3 pm it was down. Doubt that their webcam works a 9-5 mon-fri week Smile.gif haha Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

Guest Webmaster

Weird. It's supposed to work from 7 am to 5 pm everyday and then hold the last image from 5 until the next morning (because it's too dark to see anything between 5 pm and 7am). We have had a few problems with that webcam after a few hours where it will just start uploading files and giving them new names instead of updating the one main file. It's a new toy, so we are still playing with it. It'll be back up on Monday though. Sorry!

Here is the last file it uploaded if you want to see what it looks like so far:

http://www.klipsch.com/webcam/bldg_0000000000.jpg

call me crazy

quote:

your crazy!

thank you Smile.gif

I love watching things like this. not all the time but check up on them like a timelapse type thing. I just wanted to add that i love my lipschspeakers... am listening to my ProMedia 4.1's rightnow.... Last of the Mohicans sound track is playing my computer... gotta love this! awesome bass!

------------------

-justin

The last image indicates a facility that is substantially smaller that I had imagined. Makes me wonder what the economy is in moving from Hope to Indy AND keeping facilities in Indy. If this is any indication of how small the operation is, then there is reason to worry.

i noticed that too. the picture, well sketch, on the news section of the Klipsch website shows a much larger building... 46,000 sq. ft. this looks like just a few thousand if that.

maybe that is the 27,000 square foot laboratory that they are making...

------------------

-justin

Guest Webmaster

Yeah, the webcam is on the engineering addition that we are adding on to the Indianapolis building. I doubt that we will have a webcam for the new building in Hope because from what I've heard, it's maybe a mile down the road from the older building where this addition is just on the back of the building so it was easy to set up a webcam pointing out a office window at it.

i think it would be cool to see inside of the labs and stuff, the offices of the Klipsch's and stuff... would be really really really really really awesome to see not only their houses but also their Home Theaters... wonder what speakers they use.... LoL!

------------------

-justin

Mobile---Construction MONKEYS?!? That's as insulting as Hell. I can't believe you downgrade and dehumanize people according to occupation, class and race. I'm disappointed, I'd thought better of you. I had to read the thing 3 times to believe it was you; "No, Mobile wouldn't talk about people like that", I thought. Say it ain't so.

Mobile..................

On a lighter note, i think it would be really cool if it were a live webcam with moving images! Those are fun LoL!

------------------

-justin

Jesus Christ.... I worked construction for 5 years! I Still do home remodeling with my cabinet maker buddy redoing a 100 year old house last year. Get a grip! Are you taking yourself that seriously? I dont think I can post five posts without some jackdaw reacting and taking it and himself too seriously. Do you think I am actually calling construction workers "monkeys" literally? Personally, I think the Gibbon is up on the evolutionary scale compared to the average forum poster.

Hey Tom, that was literally the most moronic statement I have read in quite awhile. Insult people regarding class and race????? Are your reading comprehension skills this inhibited? Where is race and class coming in? ARE you this obtuse? Are you equating the word "monkey" with African American??? I surely am not! Actually, the more I think about you assuming this, the more annoyed I get. What if I had said "Construction lackeys?" BTW, if you have worked on this many contruction sites, you would realize this is about the MILDEST thing we call our fellow boneheads...

Sometimes I wonder if some of you loonballs havent fallen asleep with your skulls within your bass horns while listening to Deep Purple's "Made in Japan."

Lord.... The pain. Point and click and hear comes the pain.

kh

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 12-17-2001 at 09:05 PM