Sunny day projects

colterphoto1

directing husband up on roof with garden hose to search out freek roof leak that no one can find and double check if gutters are kosher. I'm the director and photographer and don't do heights.

It's in the chimney flashing or a valley, look for areas where the water gets turbulent, that's where it eats through the roofing.

Yes, quadruple checked that. This roof section is pitched but flat/membrane (epdm?). It's a bad addon that needs to be demo'd & rebuilt. :( The leak is near the chimney but we investigated this to no end. Caulked/tarred, etc. Spent 2.5-3 hours on the roof systematically watering each section and we just can't reproduce the leak even with all that water. Last rain we had a drip that I put a pot under, but a zillion gallons from a garden hose couldn't reproduce.

This is how it is here. Like my audio demons. Finding the reason is always complicated, drawn out & time consuming, stressful, and in the end - it's always a conglomeration of multiple problems to entail the end result. It's the damndest thing.

Well as many know my wife and I moved into our house in January and this is our first spring here. I could spend 2 months full-time in the yard and still have work to do. The people before us had two little kids and two 120 pound dogs which really put some wear and tear on the landscaping; not to mention the plain old neglect of "normal up keep" on many things. So I spent the day in the yard working.

And, I dare not complain about this at all because the misses would point out that she wanted a condo because of less up keep, but someone she knew had gigantic speakers and no self control so we were forced to buy a house.[:D]

• Like 1

• Moderators

Well as many know my wife and I moved into our house in January and this is our first spring here. I could spend 2 months full-time in the yard and still have work to do. The people before us had two little kids and two 120 pound dogs which really put some wear and tear on the landscaping; not to mention the plain old neglect of "normal up keep" on many things. So I spent the day in the yard working.

And, I dare not complain about this at all because the misses would point out that she wanted a condo because of less up keep, but someone she knew had gigantic speakers and no self control so we were forced to buy a house.[:D]

Yes but it's still fun because it's yours !

Guest Anonymous

Laid in the sun to get some color back after being laid up so long.........Darken my skin back up.....Much better than snow...........

Started laying out in the sun in march, already got a nice tan. Don't forget the sunscreen. Oh! by the way what is snow?

• Moderators

Michael,

Did you fill out Klipsch Form SDJ-3402/R2-4, in triplicate, signed by your supervisor, the Department Manager, initialed by the Divison Manger with a CC to the VP of operations before making claim to those pallets? If you didn't, next weekend your project will be filling out paperwork.

I was hoping to see your project was moving stuff around to make room for more new stuff and hooking up new stuff, but not yet. As least it was a project to make moving stuff easier so when you do get new stuff your back won't be so bad.

Travis

rake, seed, weed scarer, thin layer of garden soil, for my modest NYC style front and rear yeard.

Also, think I helped a forum member buy 4 k-31-e's new in a box.

Oh yes, beautiful weather here in good oh Virginny! [H][ip]

So, what do I go and do? Make a trip to the local home improvement store (whatever happened to the "hardware" store?), and dropped some good coin on this nice little baby! Exciting isn't it? Nothing like a shiny new 8 x 12.5 foot shed to start you off this nice fine spring day. That was yesterday, and today, I went and got the supplies I needed to build the platform onto which I'll put it up. I went and spent time getting it all staked out so I know where to dig the post holes for the footers/posts. The heat was getting to me so I decided to take a quite drive down to the river. Yup, the water was still cold, but it sure did feel good to take a quick swim as well as try to work on the rest of my tan (my face and arms are nicely tanned from all the skiing, but I need to get rid of that "farmer's" tan). Now, sitting here listening to some Freedom Call on my system and taking a quick cruise through the forums.

Before I dig the post holes, I'll need to call the Ms Utility thing, since there is an electrical junction box near where I am putting the shed up. Don't want any unpleasant surprises (not only that, but I think the cable that my internet access goes through runs right near there as well - would suck to take out my internet access [:P]). I don't think I need a building permit for sheds 10 x 12 or less, but I probably should call the county (Spotsylvania) to make sure.

Oh yeah, I also had to mow the lawn before I went and bought the shed. Last time I tried to mow the lawn, my stupid little walk-behind mower wouldn't start. Tried to replace the spark plug and clean the filter, and the damn thing still would not start. At least the riding mower started up right away! My guess it was just still too cold, as when I went and mowed the lawn yesterday, it was a bit warmer than it was a couple weeks ago and the stupid thing decided it was going to play nice this time. Otherwise, it might've been "Briggs & Stratton, let me introduce you to Glock" and put that thing out of its misery once and for good! [:o] (not that I would've done anything like that now, would I?)

Glad to hear so many of you are enjoying warm sunny weather, its been windy here in Flagstaff for the last 3 weeks, today the max average was 35 mph with gusts of 45 mph [:(] and I have been outside trying to finish my outside Koi pond and laying flagstone the last 3 weeks. my poor weather station tower has been taking a beating (Anyone who might be interested, I have a community service weather station at www.doneyparkweather.net )

Fini, Thanks! being at almost 7,000 ft the weather changes by the minute and we have hundreds of micro climates. I got tired of checking several local weather reports, each reporting something different, so I decided to put up my own. It has been up a couple months now. I have always had a big interest in the weather