pre-purchase suggestions? considering synergy and reference series...

smunnky

I have a roughly 15x20' room in the basement.

Have the following:

spacer.gif

Yamaha 6.1-Ch. 810-Watt Digital Home Theater Network Receiver

Pioneer Elite DVD player

110" screen and projector

Considering the F-2s , the c-2's or the c-1's and the 12 inch sub. Possibly the s-1's or the s-2's for surround.

Also considering the full RF-62 set with RF-62 front, RS-52 surrounds, RC-62 center, RW10d sub.

Recs?

Have the following:

spacer.gif

Pioneer Elite DVD player

Considering the F-2s , the c-2's or the c-1's and the 12 inch sub. Possibly the s-1's or the s-2's for surround.

Also considering the full RF-62 set with RF-62 front, RS-52 surrounds, RC-62 center, RW10d sub.

Recs?

Perform a dealer search and find a local who sells the Reference line. The Synergy is a good speaker, but the reference line is a cut above. The real cost of the RF line is finding a local dealer, because both sell for relatively similar prices. If you can find somebody locally who sells the RF line....go that route.

My 2 cents..

Good luck...

Have the following:

spacer.gif

Pioneer Elite DVD player

Recs?

If you go reference from the get go, it may be the last set of speakers you every buy. They are that good and last generations.

• Moderators

go witht he RF 62 setup. I have synergy's and love them, but if you can afford ref's, definitely go with those

Tommyboy, I just noticed what speakers you have, I had almost the same. I had SB3 ,SS1, SC1 and a diy sub, it sound's very good, especially compared to what you can get from other companies for the same price. [Y]

You don't hear much here on the forum about the Synergy, I would bet that would change if everyone heard them set up in 5.1 or more with a sub !

Hi Spunky,

Go with the RF series, they are excellent speakers. Personally I have my eyes on a set of Wilson Watt Puppies for my strictly audio listening room. My Home Theater I run RF-7's with Dean's crossovers and they are quite excellent.

RF is certainly the way to go.

Enjoy!

thanks for the suggestions, I went on a listening spree last night and picked the following:

RF-62s for the front

RC-62 for center

RS-52 for the surround (the 62's are too big for my wall/room)

and RW-10d for the sub, it sounds great!

thanks for the suggestions, I went on a listening spree last night and picked the following:

RF-62s for the front

RC-62 for center

RS-52 for the surround (the 62's are too big for my wall/room)

and RW-10d for the sub, it sounds great!

Congratulations!!! You made a great choice. You should own them for years to come.

Hi Spunky,

Go with the RF series, they are excellent speakers. Personally I have my eyes on a set of Wilson Watt Puppies for my strictly audio listening room. My Home Theater I run RF-7's with Dean's crossovers and they are quite excellent.

RF is certainly the way to go.

Enjoy!

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1182267416

Here you go, great deal and local...

did i make a mistake? if i'm reading all this right the synergy speakers won't last as long as RF!! AWFUL EXPENSIVE SPEAKERS FOR A THROW AWAY BRAND[:'(] because i have the F-3 C-3 S-3 but on the other hand i don't have fords best car either or sony's best tv but the people who built them are very proud of them. i guess it's all about kick backs [*-)]

• Moderators

did i make a mistake? if i'm reading all this right the synergy speakers won't last as long as RF!! AWFUL EXPENSIVE SPEAKERS FOR A THROW AWAY BRAND[:'(] because i have the F-3 C-3 S-3 but on the other hand i don't have fords best car either or sony's best tv but the people who built them are very proud of them. i guess it's all about kick backs [*-)]

There's NOTHING wrong wit the Synergy speakers ! It's just like anything else there is always something made better with a bigger price tag, no matter what you buy !

I think there is alot of value in the Synergy series, I had some and it was from before they updated them, the new ones are better. And they sounded very good for the price.

From what I have read the new Synergys were about equal to the RF lll line a few years ago and they were Reference series !

I agree with dtel, there is nothing wrong with the Synergy line and they will do a great job for most people .

And yet I just bought a RC 64 five minutes ago, sorry I'm to excited I could not resist. 
Back to the main post, congrats on your new speakers!!! You can't go wrong with the reference line

go witht he RF 62 setup. I have synergy's and love them, but if you can afford ref's, definitely go with those

Tommyboy, I just noticed what speakers you have, I had almost the same. I had SB3 ,SS1, SC1 and a diy sub, it sound's very good, especially compared to what you can get from other companies for the same price. [Y]

You don't hear much here on the forum about the Synergy, I would bet that would change if everyone heard them set up in 5.1 or more with a sub !

Yes, the synergy's are great speakers. Especially for the price. Not that my speakers are dis-continued, you can get them for about $1,000. (without the sub anyway). What did you do with yours? Sell them?

• Moderators

Yes, the synergy's are great speakers. Especially for the price. Not that my speakers are dis-continued, you can get them for about $1,000. (without the sub anyway). What did you do with yours? Sell them?

Thats about what I paid without the sub also.

Well what happened was I started collecting Forte ll's for a HT. And of all the people that had visited our house when had the Synergy's set up there was one guy and his family who just loved the sound of them, he was amazed.

It's was a relative that lives about 50 miles from us, they lost there home from the hurricane and was rebuilding. When my daughter was in nursing school she would stay there sometimes, so she would not have to drive after a long day of school then clinical time (sometimes 18 hours).

About a month before Christmas that year my wife and daughter came to me and asked what I was planing to do with the Synergys ?

Well they wanted to give them the Synergy's for a Christmas present, because they really liked them and it was going to be a really long time before they could get anything like that, they were just hoping to have enough money to rebuild the house.

So that's where they went, to a good family who really appreciated them, they are still using them today. The kids were just as happy as he was, if not more, the wife was not so thrilled because he had a new Hobby. [:|]