long time.

One of these days I'll get up the nerve to put in one
of my stunt cartridges and ArmorAll an expendable record just to see
what happens!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Falcon we have our own in house plating dept; anything with amonia in it is not good for our plating. The oil in your skin has amonia in it; so if it gets touched we have to clean it off before it has time to tranish; if we do not stay on top of the plating we have to pull parts and have them redone before the customers arrive to pick up the planes. We do use a pink liquid glass wax on the plating to help keep it looking good. I was just wonder what the plater was saying to use on his plating. Later Bill

At Falcon we have our own in house plating dept; anything with amonia in it is not good for our plating. The oil in your skin has amonia in it; so if it gets touched we have to clean it off before it has time to tranish; if we do not stay on top of the plating we have to pull parts and have them redone before the customers arrive to pick up the planes. We do use a pink liquid glass wax on the plating to help keep it looking good. I was just wonder what the plater was saying to use on his plating. Later Bill

Bill,

The guy that did my plating said to never use a wax based product, said the fine granuals in the wax (paste or liquid) would be detrimental to the plating, which makes obvious sense. I think I'd better do a little research and find out for sure, but my plater, Jay, at custom gold plating in NC did tell me to use windex, and I did specifically ask him about the ammonia in windex.

Glad to see I'm not the only one getting up at 3:00am. Too much work, but I'm not complaining.

I'm not worried at all, honest. I think I know Craig's type.... anal to the teeth when it comes to building things.

Anyone who can build a sub 10sec 1/4 mile clean machine like this has got to be anal.

post-12381-13819330662376_thumb.jpg

Black V-Cap = Teflon film and tin foil (what I would consider using in a set of VRD's vs. the silvers.....or Sonic Craft Platinums would be a similarly good choice, and a bit less costly). I selected the SC Plats for my VRD builds.

Silver V-Cap = Oil in metallized polypropylene. Primarily used in crossovers around here. Never known anyone on forums that used these in amps.

Be aware with the black V-Caps and Sonic Craft platinums.....300-500 hour "break-in" before full benefits/results are realized. It's a long wait......but WORTH IT.

Audible - thanks much. The Platinums were also recommended to me and I was informed of the long break-in. Audible - I'm going to shoot you a quick PM on this in a bit.

EDIT - I knew the Platinums were teflon, but this confused me. So basically, these 2 are really film and foil - right?

Those are works of art. Great choice of wood and plating.

Oh not getting up at 3AM; it's still up at 3AM some of us are on a different time schedule than the rest of the world. But I will be lucky to be home at this time in the coming weeks. We now have the Type Certificate on the new 7X and one of them must be at an upcoming air show next month. Time off will be a rarity until then. Later Bill

Say Hey Bill, thanks for the compliment. Craig made the VRD bases, and Mark Deneen did me the favor of finishing them to match-up with a custom Blueberry Xtreme cabinet he made for me.

Got home last night at a little after 9pm, now it's 5:20 and I'm back in the office. Trying to meet an owner driven project deadline that's ambitious, that's my way of saying, NO F'ING WAY. Their killing me.

Have you done anything with those Decorator's yet? I keep waiting to see a post from you, because I know your gonna do'em justice. Also, next week I'll be driving to a place just south of Memphis for a couple days, any chance of hooking up and checking out one of those fancy jets? Let me know, shoot me PM if it's possible. I've got a new passport, so that means I have security clearance [;)]. Cheers dude, .

keep in touch.

AUDIBLE,

I'm not going be easy breaking these puppy's in, but I'll do my best not to suffer too much [:D] [8-|].