Here's your chance to get a copy of Gary's favorite West Coast record . . .

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Bonds break Aaron's record before the All Star Game??

Always one for the dramatic, the great Barry Bonds will either break the record against the Doghairs right after the all star break or off of the Rocket when the Yankees come to town in June. mark my words!

josh

Anyone here get it?

Let me say that Angel Wings is an absolute must have, along with Hollywood Jam (Shelly Manne and his Hollywood All Stars)... two great Atlas recordings! Art Pepper shines on both! Gary turned me on to both, along with the Ritchie Cole's "Return to Alto Acres". All three of these albums not only have some great blowing, but they are also outstanding recordings! The two others he mentioned from Analogue Productions (Meets the Rhythm Section and + Eleven) are great albums as well! I am now a huge Art Pepper fan, and probably spend about 1/4th of my vinyl playing time listening to him.

Mike

PS. Allan, you and Boomac need to kiss and makeup. Hey, if he's not invited to the next west coast gathering let me know. I'll gladly take his place. [:D]

And... Go Dodgers!!!!