Here's your chance to get a copy of Gary's favorite West Coast record . . .

Jack Sheldon's Angel Wings on Atlas Records from the early 1980's. This is really more of an Art Pepper date than a Jack Sheldon date, but there's some fierce blowing here and the sonics are amazing.

Gary's quote: "It sure was nice of Art to let Jack solo a couple of times on his own record."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATLAS-JAPAN-JACK-SHELDON-w-ART-PEPPER-ANGEL-WINGS-MINT_W0QQitemZ320110241193QQihZ011QQcategoryZ306QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

301f_2.JPG

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely in the top 5 of my favorite records! Someone should grab this. They sometimes sell for close to $100 but I'm guessing you could nab this copy for $35 or less. Worth every penny. Incredible recording!

Gary, you have a PM

O you dog U.......yes, I don't have any, and seems everytime I locate one it is beyond my price range.

O well, best wishes, and hope you don't get outbid.......(lol), but I'll still keep an eye out to see how high it actually goes. If not, maybe GaryMD will donate a copy(cough, cough, right after it snows in July)

LET'S MAKE A DEAL! The sad part is, I am within driving distance to pick it up! So close, yet so far!

Good luck

I am new fan of Art Pepper - - sorry, I couldn't resist tossing a bid in there when I saw it was a M- record. I bought several of the Art Pepper CDs a few months back to check it out and I really enjoy them, so I figured collecting a few LPs would be fun if I didn't have to pay $100 for them.

OK, so I guess I won't bid. Maybe I'll drop by for a listen...[;)]

Anytime Fini. You can audition some new amps and I'll even throw in the Art Pepper with your purchase!

New amps?? I realize those gorgeous pCATs are still infants, but are some newer babies on the way?

We've inherited my Grandparents' house in Mt. Shasta, and I was checking out how far it was from Ferndale, thinking I could just pop on over to say "hi." Boy, was I surprised when Mapquest told me you're closer (by 12 miles...and 2 minutes) to Rohnert Park!

Not to hijack this thread any more than I already have, but I'm having a heck of a time finding a female stereo 3.5mm-to-2 male RCA splitter to try out your suggested headphone connection to my BBX. I probably will have to use a mini-to-mini coupler in there, too. Regarding this method, it's OK to connect the ground from each channel together (which happens with the splitter)?

• Moderators

Damn, we got a new bidder.......Grrrrrr!

Klipsched, I'll bid a bunch on it if you go pick it up, you can listen to it for a few days, but then you have to pack the snot out of it and send it to me. I'll tape it my two track at high speed, then I will send it to Mark for a listen, and then he has to repack the snot out of it and send it to fini for a listen, and then he can return it to me. Of course it better look pristine, except for snot, when it gets back to me.

Travis

I've been gone for a while, but upon my return I see this thread. Gary has never steered me (or anyone that I know of) wrong.

Mark, since you're going for this, I won't step on your toes. However, if you decide to let go at some point, please let me know. In the meantime, this album is now on my wish list.

Chuck