tubes and seasoned age

DrWho

I could sit down and contradict all your claims and point out the shortcomings of your analogies, but I honestly believe it wouldn't achieve anything. I would expect you to resort to using your old age as a justification to discredit any claim I might make. The crazy thing is I am far more aware of the limitations of my experience than any of you lecturing old guys try to imply. And far be it for this young guy to return the same lecture back to the old guys that pretend to know everything about everything (but will say otherwise in their wisdom).

I must confess that it is vastly interesting to note the different kinds of responses when I post these exact same questions in different places. Those that know far more than myself embrace the exploration of a young whipper snapper and usually point out any credibility in my claims and perhaps bounce me off in slightly better directions. And then there is the Klipsch 2-Channel forum...... Yea, I needn't say any more - other than I just love posting here for the entertainment [:D]

Perhaps I shouldn't have made the old people jokes? All of my old people friends would have enjoyed the humor. I'll remember to be more sensitive to the insecurity on the forum next time. The second you mention 'age' or 'tubes' in the same sentence with 'possible problem' and you've got everyone going crazy style. It's just like knocking over an ant hill [:D]

And what's even more crazy, and people keep glossing over me saying this - is that sometimes a high output impedance can be a good thing! But obviously nobody here has any clue about the cool relationships involved because they got all crazy style defensive...and totally missed my jokes about smiley face EQ's.

Man, the weather is nice today - I should go outside and play in my sandbox.

Ya see young Jedi one big difference exist at these "other places" they haven't had to put up with you for nearly 4 years and inching up on 10,000 posts........

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DrWho you asked:"....why in the world
would anyone want to quantify anything that has no bearing on actual
perception? Talk about a complete waste of time
!"

This
actually sounds somewhat along the lines of a subjectivist /
psychoacoustical position; somewhat of a double edged sword, too.

I could sit down and contradict all your claims and point out the shortcomings of your analogies, but I honestly believe it wouldn't achieve anything. I would expect you to resort to using your old age as a justification to discredit any claim I might make. The crazy thing is I am far more aware of the limitations of my experience than any of you lecturing old guys try to imply. And far be it for this young guy to return the same lecture back to the old guys that pretend to know everything about everything (but will say otherwise in their wisdom).

I must confess that it is vastly interesting to note the different kinds of responses when I post these exact same questions in different places. Those that know far more than myself embrace the exploration of a young whipper snapper and usually point out any credibility in my claims and perhaps bounce me off in slightly better directions. And then there is the Klipsch 2-Channel forum...... Yea, I needn't say any more - other than I just love posting here for the entertainment [:D]

Perhaps I shouldn't have made the old people jokes? All of my old people friends would have enjoyed the humor. I'll remember to be more sensitive to the insecurity on the forum next time. The second you mention 'age' or 'tubes' in the same sentence with 'possible problem' and you've got everyone going crazy style. It's just like knocking over an ant hill [:D]

And what's even more crazy, and people keep glossing over me saying this - is that sometimes a high output impedance can be a good thing! But obviously nobody here has any clue about the cool relationships involved because they got all crazy style defensive...and totally missed my jokes about smiley face EQ's.

Man, the weather is nice today - I should go outside and play in my sandbox.

Ya see young Jedi one big difference exist at these "other places" they haven't had to put up with you for nearly 4 years and inching up on 10,000 posts........

DrWho: Joined forum 4.67 years ago and has 9697 posts at this moment. That's 2076 per year.

NOSValves: Joined forum 5.58 years ago and has 12,267 posts at this moment. That's 2198 per year.

[:^)]

I'll get my wife on that heavy curtain[;)]. I could handle the foam on the side walls.

Hey cool, I'll be looking forward to the photos.

who gives a crap about slew rates?

Amplifier engineers? [8-|]

True - some of them have put up with me for much longer [:D]

So much inflection gets lost in the writing though...

DrWho: Joined forum 4.67 years ago and has 9697 posts at this moment. That's 2076 per year.

NOSValves: Joined forum 5.58 years ago and has 12,267 posts at this moment. That's 2198 per year.

[:^)]

Sounds like I need to pick up the pace....no worries, I've got nothing to do for the next month [:D]

Honestly I think its pretty sad that a guy your age has nothing better to do then hang around antagonizing a bunch of old farts like us. I mean at least we have the excuse of not having the energy to be out doing more enjoyable things with are time. In my case at least I can attribute some of my time spent on the forum as being part of my business. You need to get out and enjoy life while your young. Before you know it will be gone.

Craig

• Moderators

Honestly I think its pretty sad that a guy your age has nothing better to do then hang around antagonizing a bunch of old farts like us. I mean at least we have the excuse of not having the energy to be out doing more enjoyable things with are time. In my case at least I can attribute some of my time spent on the forum as being part of my business. You need to get out and enjoy life while your young. Before you know it will be gone.

Craig

DrWho,

I don't think it's sad at all. You do whatever it is you enjoy doing [:)]

And there is a wealth of life experiences to be gained on this forum from the seasoned aged that they don't teach in college & it's basically free.

Sure, where else can you get a history lesson regarding the Luddites from so many authentic re-enactors without having to have experienced the original event? It's one thing to read of it abstractly in a book, and quite another thing to actually see it employed in action!

ATTENTION TREY

Replace "Amy" with "Craig, aka Oscar the Grouch"

About 2 years should do it.

[:)]

Yea that would straighten this place out. It would surely be nice, polite and quiet around here............but with zero active members[;)]

Honestly I think its pretty sad that a guy

your age has nothing better to do then hang around antagonizing a bunch

of old farts like us. I mean at least we have the excuse of not having

the energy to be out doing more enjoyable things with are time. In

my case at least I can attribute some of my time spent on the forum as

being part of my business. You need to get out and enjoy life while your young. Before you know it will be gone.

Craig

I feel bad for this younger generation. Too much digital...phones, video games, computers, WEB and CDs.

In

those 6 years that straddle 1980 I listened to all analog, was a darn

good 8 ball player, saw live bands once or twice a week, stayed in

shape playing frisbee( splitting wood too) and was pretty good at

rebuilding carbuerators.

And we knew how to respect "our

teachers" as we encoutered them in various disciplines, mostly outside

of school. Quite a few skills seeem to be in short supply in the new

millenium.