Go get lost!

tommyboy

So, long story short, work today really sucked! I mean, REALLY sucked. Normally, I would probably want a beer or two, but not tonight. My wife asked me what was wrong, and I simply said "Bad day at work." She cooked me dinner, and put the baby to sleep. (what a lady, huh??!!) She asked me what I wanted to do, and I told her absolutely nothing. I just want to sit here and listen to music. Turn the phone off, don't answer the door if anyone comes over, and turn the lights down.

I turned it up pretty loud, and totally got lost in the music. A little "oldschool" to soothe the nerves. A little Brian McKnight, Kenny G, some Alicia Keys. All followed up by the New Martina McBride album, and Mariah Carey's greatest hits album. I know I'm probably a dork for posting this, but I truly did just get lost during my "listening session." forgot all about my long, BS day. So next time you have a bad day, just go get lost!

Been there, done that Oh Brother In Arms.

Ah, life on active duty.... How does it go? "We, the unwilling, led by the incompetent, have done so much with so little for so long, we are now qualified to do absolutely anything with nothing at all...."

Go grab a beer anyways; one of those "pub" pints should do it well, kiss your wife, hug the baby, and listen to the music.

This may shed some insight into what you are likely going through..... I have a poster on my wall at the office with these sayings (always on the wall since 1977):

"What does not kill us makes us stronger; In the face of adversity, remember, when you fight the demons, take care that you do not become the demon yourself" - Friedrich Nietzche

"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat, and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory, nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Determination and persistence alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

Our Mission Is to Win the Hearts and the Minds of the People; Remember When You Have Them by Their "shorthairs", Their Hearts and Minds Will Follow.; If We Cannot Win Their Hearts and Minds, it Is Time to Burn Their Little Huts Down; If They Are Not Intelligent Enough to See it Our Way, They Are Too Stupid to Live ...

Just some thoughts to share.

You are clinically depressed. Anyone who would knowingly put on Kenny G is going for a sonic labotomy! [:#]

Anyhoo, Good Job! I have a scotch bar/guitar/misic room. When I've had too much I go down and play a little Cardigans, Et All....

Nice wife of your by the way! Iknow, the Kenny G was for her...good job young man, good job!

I never was a Kenny G fan. But his latest album is pretty darn good. He just does instrumentals to other music. There's beats from Alicia Keys, Brian McKnight, and some others on there. He even does a few Boys to Men songs. Really good if you ask me. someone at work put me on that album.