f-113 subwoofer woofing too much!!!

Roc Rinaldi

The bass got stronger when I set my sub to three feet further away. Weaker when I set it to three feet closer than it actually is. I'm using 80Hz crossover, all speakers set to small.

Ok, this means you've got some phase cancellation with your main speakers. 3 feet at 80Hz is equivalent to about 90 degrees of phase rotation.

I need to do some research on all the features on your F113 and then it would be immensely helpful if you could provide a top-down view sketch of your room. It doesn't have to be to scale, but it'll need to have fairly accurate dimensions. I know you've got all the pictures, but it's easier to work with a sketch. I'm also back in town so we can start talking about measuring some stuff too.

Hmmm, that reminds me..... [;)]

• 2 weeks later...

The bass got stronger when I set my sub to three feet further away. Weaker when I set it to three feet closer than it actually is. I'm using 80Hz crossover, all speakers set to small.

Ok, this means you've got some phase cancellation with your main speakers. 3 feet at 80Hz is equivalent to about 90 degrees of phase rotation.

I need to do some research on all the features on your F113 and then it would be immensely helpful if you could provide a top-down view sketch of your room. It doesn't have to be to scale, but it'll need to have fairly accurate dimensions. I know you've got all the pictures, but it's easier to work with a sketch. I'm also back in town so we can start talking about measuring some stuff too.

DrWho, send me your address and I will hand draw the room for you.

Ladies and gentlemen,

The woofing factor just went up. Monday I took delivery of my second JL Audio f-113 subwoofer.

Once I get it hooked up then I can go back to square one and start the sound treatment journey all over again.

What a hobby!!! Taking up all of my time. Someday, perhaps I can actually just pull up a chair, grab a drink and some snacks, and listen to music. That's it, just listen to music. Someday........

OK guys, it is unboxed, set up, and playing.

Wow, oh Wow, oh Wow.

All I did was run the room optimization program and play a long drum solo.

Wow, oh Wow, oh Wow.

My search for bass is now over. I have found the bass located in the promised land. I may have seen God along the way.

The drum solo sounded like the drum set was in the room. It sounded like a "live' drum set was in the room. For a minute I thought I saw a drumstick fly across the room.

Wow, oh Wow, oh Wow.

Roc that is right after you get dual f112's and pile then on each f113. That is why I need just another f112.... LOL

Yeah now you can hear and feel why I have...many...the power corrupts...the massiv headroom is damn real !

True power is in numbers

A small correction Roc...

260 lbs and 5000 WATTS you have two...so have I plus many others....[:D]

Dual 13.5" super woofers....you have a Gotham cut in two. [:D]

I wonder what happens if you lie on the floor and place a sub up against each ear and play music? Would you ever actually get up off of the floor?