Klipsch Chorus

There have been a couple of pairs of Chorus on Ebay in the last week or so. One pair sold for $400 and the other had a min. bid of $499 and got no bids at all. They both looked nice.

If you've got a good deal on Chorus, I think it would be worth taking. Chorus II probably have a higher market value because of the passive radiator on the rear as opposed to the original ported cabs. I don't think there is a truly appreciable difference in sound, but that's just my opinion.

also recall that the II has that big 'ol tractrix midrange horn that brings the singer right into your living room. But the Chorus I is no slouch.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/discontinued/details/chorus.aspx
http://www.klipsch.com/products/discontinued/details/chorus-ii.aspx

If I were you, I'd get them and see if you like them. If not, you can sell them for at least what you paid and try some II's or something else.

I went and picked up the speakers....they are excellent condition except for one of the binding posts is broke off. For $50 I say it was a good deal :) <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

So.....now, I just tried taking off the back terminal plate, but the crossover is attached and I didn't have time to take apart things yet. Am I able to simply take off one of the posts or am I going to need to try and find a replacement plate? If a replacement part is the way to go does anyone know of any places to try (obviously ebay would be one of the areas).

Thanks!

I went and picked up the speakers....they are excellent condition except for one of the binding posts is broke off. For $50 I say it was a good deal :) <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

So.....now, I just tried taking off the back terminal plate, but the crossover is attached and I didn't have time to take apart things yet. Am I able to simply take off one of the posts or am I going to need to try and find a replacement plate? If a replacement part is the way to go does anyone know of any places to try (obviously ebay would be one of the areas).

Thanks!

What on earth were you doing posting a thread to make sure you were going to get a good deal for $50. You should have been on your way to go get them.

Thanks!

We should have an oem part here.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm in a bind. My wife hates how big the Chorus's are. I hear about it every day. So...I think the only way I'll sell these speakers is if I can find another pair that is thinner with the same great sound. Are there any current speakers, Klipsch or similar, that will sound similar?

You could try Fortes or Forte II's, they are not quite as big. Or, you could ride out the carping and enjoy the sound. The Forte's really are not all that much smaller, so stick with it. If she likes movies hook them up to the HT instead of what you have now and let her watch a few movies. Then she will be hooked on great sound with her shows and the size won't matter. You could also remind her of the $1000 plus price (used) at a minimum to get equivalent quality sound. I say let her get used to them.

Yeah, I hooked them up to the HT and they sound good in just 2 channel, but my center channel isn't matched at all so it sounds awful doing 5.1/6.1/7.1 :)

So am I getting the impression that the newer RF series of speakers doesn't even compare to the Chorus line? (i.e. RF-7, RF-83, RF-63)

Well, I'm in a bind. My wife hates how big the Chorus's are. I hear about it every day. So...I think the only way I'll sell these speakers is if I can find another pair that is thinner with the same great sound. Are there any current speakers, Klipsch or similar, that will sound similar?

I happen to have a pair of near mint oak forte's that I'd be willin to swap you, if your not too far away from st. louis