Nine of Charleston's Finest

Tarheel

The memorial service for nine fallen Charleston, SC firefighters was attended by representatives of fire and police departments from all over the US and Canada. My deepest condolences to the family and friends of all those american heroes.

The average annual pay for firefighters here in Wilmington, NC is $25,000! Just this past tuesday night they came before the city council trying to get a pay increase.

The answer was no. Shame Mayor Saffo and council.

[W][W][W][W][W][W][W][W][W]

Yeah, the pay might suck but I'm sure that any one of those nine would've told you that it's the best job in the world. They were doing something that I'm sure they loved and they were fully committed to it.

Terribly tragic , why they were in there after the people had been rescued is beyond my comprehension .

I live a half a mile away from where it happened , have been in that store and can tell you that there was some serious fuel for that fire !

I was at the Subaru dealersip maybe 2,000 feet away when the fire broke out . Didn't think much of it at the time , just had to take a different route home . Then when the news came out , just devastating .

Terribly tragic , why they were in there after the people had been rescued is beyond my comprehension .

I live a half a mile away from where it happened , have been in that store and can tell you that there was some serious fuel for that fire !

I was at the Subaru dealersip maybe 2,000 feet away when the fire broke out . Didn't think much of it at the time , just had to take a different route home . Then when the news came out , just devastating .

Remember when that place used to be a Piggly Wiggly? They had the best Deli in town. Did you know any of those guys? My niece's husband was there; wasn't killed but they say he was blown out of the door and is injured. I figured you had heard the ruckus, practically in your back yard.

Remember when that place used to be a Piggly Wiggly? They had the best Deli in town. Did you know any of those guys? My niece's husband was there; wasn't killed but they say he was blown out of the door and is injured. I figured you had heard the ruckus, practically in your back yard.

Oh yeah Billy I remember when it was the pig .

We used to leave school grounds and go there for lunch . I believe that they never tore the old pig down and just freshened it up and put a new facade on for the furniture store . I feel for the firefighters and thier families , but Damnit after the people were rescued they should have let the building go ! Allmost all petroleum based products mixed with wood ! You know , we haven't had a big fire in quite some time and my impression is that those guys got in way over thier head .

Heroes yes , but man this tragedy should not have happened !