VRDs on the 'gon...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seller had just bought those a month or so ago. Getting rid of them already. Wow.

I think I should buy them. I can compare the circuit to my amps and do a listening evaluation. Reporting on those results would be entertaining to say the least.

That would be fun to run them head to head. Both ultralinear circuits, right? Pretty good learning opportunity to have a sense of circuit implementation and outcomes.

"...what about the pair on the 'bay???"

Buying VRDs right now was probably the last thing on my mind. But the ones on A'gon were priced for me to buy. I've bought a new amp and 2 new preamps in the last month. I'm also having Peter McAlister build be another preamp now too. I Overspent as usual. I made an offer on the ones on A'gon. Nothing definite yet. The sale is pending but not definite. Slight possibility I'm still in the game on them.

I'm watching the ones on Ebay. I'd hate to end up with both. I'd be havin' to break into my son's piggy bank if I ended up with 2 pairs. They would look great and I'd end up building a new heavy duty rack system for super tube amps. I can just see it now. My A/C unit would freeze up, light bill would be sky high and I'd have to mortgage the farm just to keep the juice running.

I've got to take my time and watch my "impulse" buying. I'm like a kid in a candy store when it comes to good audio gear. I've got a girlfriend who likes to quip "There is professional help available" for my audio habit. Hey, what does she know anyway? She still thinks SS is audio!

Harry

"Buy 'em both Harry...............I'll store a set of them for you.....Ol' Bud !!!!!!!!! No charge, I'm in a good mood today !!!!!!! "

I'm lucky to have such caring friends. Blessed actually. Thank you Rob, but someone snatched them up. I can't blame them. Heck of an amplification system.

Harry

"Buy 'em both Harry...............I'll store a set of them for you.....Ol' Bud !!!!!!!!! No charge, I'm in a good mood today !!!!!!! "

I'm lucky to have such caring friends. Blessed actually. Thank you Rob, but someone snatched them up. I can't blame them. Heck of an amplification system.

Harry

Harry you have any interesting audio trading material. I take trade in gear and this way you end up with a NEW pair built just for you.

I'm sure he paid at least the asking price. I'd be surprised if he didn't.

Craig, I'll get with you probably tuesday. I have tons of audio gear. Altec, Old good Jensen, JBL, Tascam out the Wazoo, Turntables, thousands of tubes, electrical components, guitar amps, guitars, R2Rs, etc. I'll figure out what I might want to let go. Like I need more amps. I just want the VRDs. I liked them a lot. Cool offer. Thanks

Harry