Ebay alert!

Amy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any other La Scalas. Not 100% sure of my plan with them just yet. May st them on top of my MWM's.

Something I hope to hold onto though.

As far as auctions.......man I've auctioned off tons of stuff. Right now it is this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260135577033&rd=1&rd=1

jc

"I'm sorry, what is the question?"- classic man! LOL [:D]

You guys didn't want these as bad as I thought.

jc

Couldn't have gone to a better home. Congrats!

Do you need to have them stowed away for a while?

M

Colter. Stowing is possible......I'm waiting on a guy to come pick up my Cornscalas. O/W....I'm kinda outta space.

I already paid for them. Is Amy going to be the contact on this?

jc

• Moderators

JW,

Congrats all the way around!!! I loved those LaScalas when we auditioned them in Hope. I thought they were absolutely beautiful! Maybe you can use them in a set up for another room when you relocate.

Congratulations to you and to the Mrs.

So where are they, New York or Puerto Rico? Plus payment in Euros? I would think scammers should be a little better than this.

They're in the trash bin now.... I nailed the fraudsters this morning via eBay's Security Department..... Took about 10 minutes on the phone with eBay's security folks.

These scams are originating somewhere in Great Britain; emails are usually always "somebody @gmail"

See a good deal? (1) Check seller's other items; generally you will see about $50k worth of high end stuff; usually always listed at the same time. (2) the seller usually wants you to email them...., and (3) the ad's use of english grammar is usually 'strange'.

INTERESTING NOTE: Suspicious? Also, check a seller's feedback. The hackers can't access and change that. If they sell "religious figurines"... (as was the case this morning...) then it's likely someone has hacked them.

They've been busy beavers.... I've nailed 4 this week; one on the LaScala's and three on some high end amps.

Well he is going back at it.

I would assume that he is the same guy selling K-horns and some other high end stuff. He is always selling the same items with the same description, for the same money and the same story and all the auctions start at 0.4 cents, I reported the K-horns auction 5 times already. The last one was just a few minutes ago but on that one that someone had started the bidding using Fake Fake Fake as a screen name, I thought that was hilarious.

It is nice to see that some folks are fighting back but I can believe those guys can hack that many accounts.

"It is nice to see that some folks are fighting back but I can believe those guys can hack that many accounts."

it's very easy...actually I would call it social engineering rather than hacking.

The way it works is you get an email that looks like an Ebay email....and instead of exiting your mail software and going to ebay directly you make the mistake of clicking on the respond now icon on the email that you got.  The icon will take you to a website that looks like an ebay login site....except instead of having ebay.com in the url....there will be an ip address....when you login...you just gave ...yes I said gave the gangster your ebay ID and password.  The gangster will then try to use it to access your email address as well as paypal...because most folks will use the same ID and password for all accounts...ebay..paypal..email....life is good for the internet gangster......the first order of buisness the internet gangsters do is  to change the passwords on all your accounts so that you can not get b ack in for a while.  The second order of buisness is to put up bogus listings to get more folks to win cheap auctions so that the internet gangsters can get more suckers....it's a prymaid system...one that will never end.

I like how bankofamerica has a keysite login. It is pretty easy.... put your account number and the state that you are located. then it will bring you to a new page that gives you a sitekey (a predetermined picture that you chose out of I think 100000 different ones) and then after you can verify that is your sitekey then will it ask for the password.

I like how bankofamerica has a keysite login. It is pretty easy.... put your account number and the state that you are located. then it will bring you to a new page that gives you a sitekey (a predetermined picture that you chose out of I think 100000 different ones) and then after you can verify that is your sitekey then will it ask for the password.

Here we go again I reported the same guy for the 6Th times today but this time I passed Jay's suggestion to Ebay along with the Email.

Assuming they do care a little and they are not busy making money, they might actually listen, but this is going to be mostlikely like Microsoft. If they would actually fix the problems look how many people would lose their jobs, so might as well let the consumer pick up the cost.

Update!!

I have reported the same fake khorn auction 16 times so far ( 7 times just today)
It is always the same pictures, the same story ( I'm selling these for a friend ... whipe out by a divorce.. etc) and he always uses the same email address as well.
Would it be that hard to have a program set up a way that  when someone starts a auction which includes some key words like gm.mail Ebay would receive a alert or something?
Most of the big compagnies and other agencies do that with the Email so why not Ebay?

Here we go again I reported the same guy for the 6Th times today but this time I passed Jay's suggestion to Ebay along with the Email.

Assuming they do care a little and they are not busy making money, they might actually listen, but this is going to be mostlikely like Microsoft. If they would actually fix the problems look how many people would lose their jobs, so might as well let the consumer pick up the cost.

i think bankofamerica has a patent on that idea........ meaning royalties