First Post, Please Help Me Select the Right Klipsch Speakers.

hygog

The amp as well dicates the use of something bigger and more efficient than a pair of Heresys. I don't know how thrilled the GF is going to be though with a pair of plywood boxes sitting in her livingroom, unless they are very nicely finished -- tough to find, and even tougher for under a thousand.

The amp as well dicates the use of something bigger and more efficient than a pair of Heresys. I don't know how thrilled the GF is going to be though with a pair of plywood boxes sitting in her livingroom, unless they are very nicely finished -- tough to find, and even tougher for under a thousand.

As time goes by, they start to look smaller. My La Scalas just look medium-sized to me now. And since they're black, many people don't even notice them the first time they enter the living room. "Like my speakers?" "Where?" "Over there and there." "Holy moly!"

The amp as well dicates the use of something bigger and more efficient than a pair of Heresys.

The H3 are 99dB efficient. How many wpc is your amp? I have 96dB speakers and I don't even come close to the half-way mark on the volume with 8wpc tube amps.

Thank you all for contributing to this discussion.

Gonzp, i love your Almarro amp by the way (wink)..

So the feeling I got is that I should just go for "the big one" - namely La Scala.

I shall decide soon and meanwhile "Operation Charm Offensive" on my girlfriend begins - im telling you guys, she would pretend to fall asleep (while watching tv, driving or cutting onion) when asked to go to Tweeters with me "just for fun" - it was like pulling teeth out of a healthy, wild elephant without the aid of ketamine.

again, thank you all for writing, keep it coming!

• Moderators

hygog,

I'll pass this along, just for encouragement. The tips I gave your earlier on getting your girlfriend involved are the tactics dtel used on me. Now it's an addiction for me also.

Another thing, we upgraded our high definition package with Dish Network recently and the technician came to install the new receiver today. After setting the new receiver up, he and dtel headed outside to check the satellites and make sure they were in good working order. Apparently while they were outside dtel told the technician about the six Fortes, two Cornwalls and the sub in the living room. The technician walked back inside and commented, "I didn't even notice the speakers, the only one that caught my eye was the "center channel" on top of the entertainment center (which was right next to the receiver the tech switched out).

Now that the speakers have been in the room for a while I don't even notice them, unless we are listening to music, then I sometimes just look at the speakers and wonder how such good sound can come out of those "boxes".