Need movie recommendations!

Kain

I'm sorry, I don't usually get scared from horror movies, their usually so corny that I find them hilarious. But, this ones really funny, especially when the farmer ties a rope around the captured and buried peoples necks and pulls their heads off with a tractor. The scariest movie I ever saw was " The Legend of Lizzie Bordon". Watched it late at night with the lights off. I kept thinking that my brother was going to sneek around the corner and hack me in the head with a hatchet.

What's the deal with no old movies? Almost all of the good ones are pre-crappy cgi effects. Some of the creepiest I know are Cannibal Holocaust(be warned that animals were kiled in the making of this very graphic/disturbing movie), Suspiria(Dario Argento's finest with quite possible the best "kill" ever), The Thing(John Carpenter's remake) & I did like a newer one titled Slither although it did add a humor element to the mix. I liked Descent as well. As for all of those other Hollywood paint-by-numbers flicks I could leave 'em. Track down Cannibal Holocaust if you just wanna be shocked.

I gotta recommend an old movie. Island of Lost Souls

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0024188/

After his ship goes down, Edward Parker is rescued at sea. Parker gets
into a fight with Captain Davies of the Apia and the Captain tosses him
overboard while making a delivery to the tiny tropical island of Dr.
Moreau. Parker discovers that Moreau has good reason to be so secretive
on his lonely island. The doctor is a whip-cracking task master to a
growing population of his own gruesome human/animal experiments. He
does have one prize result, Lota the beautiful panther woman. Parker's
fortunes for escape look up after his fiancée Ruth finds him with the
help of fearless Captain Donohue. However, when Moreau's tribe of
near-humans rises up to rebel, no one is safe...

This is one of my all time favorite films. Genius from 1933.

Memorable Quotes.

"Are we not men"

I just seen "The Breed" lately. It' s not all that great acting, but they used real dogs in this film and they were better actors than the actors! It will give you a jump or two. I like horror movies I could recomend alot. Lately i've been pretty sick of the torture style.

Brothers Matt (Eric Lively) and John (Oliver Hudson), their girlfriends, Sara (Taryn Manning) and Nicki (Michelle Rodriguez), and pal Noah (Hill Harper) are looking for a little R&R when they jet off for a week's vacation on a deserted island. What they get instead is terror when a pack of crazed canines makes them prey. Outnumbered (and very nearly outwitted), the group must fight off the genetically engineered killers.

Sounds rediculous and it is, but the dogs make this movie.