new rock music question, tool, perfect circle etc...

hello again all, i visited record and tape traders yesterday and walked out with 240.00 in new music...........i have heard a few songs from newer rock bands (remember im normally a classic rock guy so anythhing after 1980 is newer to me) over the air waves and was very intrigued with some of what i have heard one problem i am having though is the DAMB radio stations rarely give band names anymore its as though we are supposed to either be there the first time they play the song to introduce it or read minds, anyway i picked up 4 white stripes albums, a perfect circle album and a tool album, havent listened to all of them yet time is a killer in my world, i did get to listen to 1 white stripes album (DEstijl) and i have to say it is very nice indeed, i was able to listen to a couple songs off the tool album (laterlous) i was hoping the song skism was on there and it was sounds freaking great on vinyl

i am hoping to find another song that sounds alot like skism but im not sure who does it and as far as lyrics go i can only remember them saying something about "mother mary" several times i thought i heard a dj say perfect circle but not sure.......................1 thing is definate i will be looking for the remaining albums available for the white stripes and tool, i had a cd of perfect circle awhile back and seem to have lost track of it but they are very good as well, i guess tomarrow i will be listening more

i know my description above is lacking but if anyone knows the song i am referring to i would appreciate a band name, song name, and possiably the album

Thanks Joe

Joe-

Since you like "Schism" from the Lateralus album, then you might want to also pick up their newest release which is ' 10,000 Days' and give the song " Jambi" a listen.

Regarding A Perfect Circle, which one did you happen to pick up ? Personally, I like " Thirteenth Step " the best.

Brad

If you want to hear Tool, you have to get the undertow CD. My favorite album by them. The song "Sober" is classic. Great video too. You may have to smoke something.

It is hard to enjoy Hard Rock Metal on big horns. My late KG 5.2's did it the best.

jc

I also agree with TOOL "Undertow"

As far as A Perfect Circle, just checked out the ones I have, nothing with "mother mary" but still a good group. Check out "Coldplay, A rush of blood to the head" really good alternative rock. (also has NASCARs theme song on it from last year)

Enjoy!

All broadcast stations are required to keep a comprhensive log of the music played for royalty calculations, ASCAP, etc. Check the station's internet site - many put the log on the net so you can find the song/artist/album you heard... if you note the date/time that you heard it.

Tonga - Ditto on Perfect Circle's "Thirteenth Step" Pretty album. Most everyone I talk to that's into Tool or PC, doesn't have this album which puzzles me.

"Sober"

Man. Just watching that video gives me the chills. Here is a great example of how TOOL is in a class of their own. They don't give a damn about impressing the crowd with their appearance. They are like possessed (sp) with their own creations. That lead singer is in what looks like pink long johns. He is freaked but has an amazing voice. Those guitar players hardly move. Just focusing on their guitars. All probably big time drugged out. Freakishly good.

Nice find on the Utube vid. I'm not sure I can watch it again "sober".

jc

Tool is an awesome band. Have all of their work. Watched them live at Ft Wayne Memorial Coliseum Saturday June 30th front row on the floor. What a show. Pants flapped from the bass bin that I was standing in front of all night. Talk about chest thumpin. They tour all year long every other night all over the world. What a schedule. Awesome laser show and cool videos to the music in the background.

I think I need even more power.[;)]

Their show has come a long way since that old video.

Definitely more of a possessed fan base than even Metallica at their concerts.

Good stuff. Maynard is a piece of work. Odd dude with a killer voice.

There are a bunch of great bands going right now. In addition to Tool and Perfect Circle some of my favorites include White Stripes, Kings of Leon, Queens of the Stone Age, Spoon, Moe., Wilco, Arcade Fire, Flaming Lips, etc.

If you want to hear Tool, you have to get the undertow CD. My favorite album by them. The song "Sober" is classic. Great video too. You may have to smoke something.

It is hard to enjoy Hard Rock Metal on big horns. My late KG 5.2's did it the best.

jc

I prefer "Prison Sex".[;)]

tc

• 2 weeks later...