Three Out Of Seven The Heritage Wall Of Sound Here I Come

rmlowz

rmlowz

How did you set up the center speaker?

If I remember right the LS IIs on the left and right came 2-4 inches onto the bottom of your screen. So if that is the case then turning the bass bin on it's side with the HF section on top would probably work.

I'll give you a call Wed.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure the new La Scala II is separate from the bottom, so if you want to place it next to the woofer you can. I did this with my split La Scalas and put the top section under the screen dead center to the listening/ seating position. (You may want to make a stand for the Top section.) U do not need to turn the bass cabinet on the side, and I would not do this as well. I am sure something might be effected sound movement wise in how you hear things as well if it is different from the front mains?

Thanks Dtel for the comment, it was fun too!

And Colterphoto1 and I preach this daily.... Whatever you choose for your fronts, contrary to customised centers (Which are good but hear me out here ok...) If you want the ultimate timbre system use the same speaker for your center channel as for your fronts left n right. Everyone, without exception I believe on this Klipsch BB that has tried it, has NEVER looked back or been dissapointed. When things go left, center, to right...... it is just seamless! And that, ladies and gents, is audio nirvana!

OK, don't shoot me, but lifting the la Scalas left n right made em sound more K horn ish.... and added with the THX subs... they are amazing! The center is tilted up slightly to ear level again with a laser pointer.

post-5910-13819339120014_thumb.jpg

Since the above picture....

I filled in the spaces with insulation, tilted the left, center, and right speakers (tops with a laser pointer woodog would be proud too!!) exactly to the HT seats.. Turned the bottoms left and right also inwards, moved em back a little and put back the skrims. It looks like this now! A much cleaner look. (thanks Colterphoto1 for this picture!!)

post-5910-13819339126444_thumb.jpg

If I had 5-10 feet behind my couch I would do La Scalas all around but the back wall is 2-3 feet. To be honest even if I had the room I don't have the money.

I am quite happy with the 3 LS up front and for rears SB 3s. Yes I know the SB3s don't timbre match but for this home theater it does the job.

The next house bigger living room and I want to get 3 LS IIs for the front and move my 2004 LS to the back and not worry about 7.1

Under the tv is another LS. I run the fortes thru a Luxman eq and drop all mid and highs out so only bass is coming out of the Fortes. So I use them like subs. I never could get my RSW 12 to blend with my LS with music so when I got the Fortes and they blend great with the LS with music I sold the sub. Now I also use the fortes as subs for movies.

post-13699-13819339128234_thumb.jpg

The SB 3s actually work quite well. Since they are only 2-3 feet from my ears (the black pillow is where I sit) they actually can easly overpower the LS and I have to set them lower.

The scene in the Matrix 3 where Neo is in the Machine city and the small flying machines make the face and talk to Neo sounds perfect! My room is 15 x 15 x 8 so if my room was bigger so I would have the room for rear LS that would be great. Oh well something to strive for.

Where he has his couch the rears were about 3-5 feet(?) behind us so heresys would work great.

post-13699-13819339133514_thumb.jpg

Hello forum friends,

I will be placing the center LaScala like IndyKlipschFan. Steve in tech support gave me the idea. I will make a stand for the top and place the bass bin to the side right next to it. I just got some platforms (risers) for my LaScalas. I had a cabinet Co.make them in ash and paint them satin black like the LaScalas.They look awesome! They are the same dimensions as the small riser that is on the bottom of the LaScalas. They are 6 inches high that's how high I think they need to at my house.

rmlowz

I sell acountic milk carton boxes just for that purpose. $550.00 a piece, makes a nice father's day gift. The sound difference is night and day, made from special space age plastic, yet amazingly looks just like a regular milk carton box. The sound is out of this world. Would that be something you would be interested in?

(S/H charge of $15.50 per box plus shipping)

Product Information

GRAMMA Sound Isolation Riser - Acoustic sound isolation

GRAMMA
Dimensions:
23" long x 15" wide x 2.75" high
Weight Limit: 300lbs.

GRAMMA
The GRAMMA (Gig and Recording, Amp and Monitor, Modulation Attenuator) is an incredibly effective patented device that's used to float an amp or loudspeaker.

GRAMMA yields nearly total acoustic isolation, resulting in a purity of tone that has to be heard to be believed!

Actually, I have these not on the bottom floor, but on top of the La Scala bottoms then the "Accoustic Solid Industrial Milk Carton holder" Jackson is trying to peddle. "The sound difference is night and day, made from special space age plastic, yet amazingly looks just like a regular milk carton box. The sound IS out of this world." hahahahaah Yep they are.

I am sure at some point, the tops get too far apart from the bottoms and it does not sound natural. BTW, What I have is a Gramma base, then a Milk Carton on top, then a 1/2' piece of foam used to absorb the top of the milk carton to the Scala tops... and it is perfect!! Now if I can just patent the exact measurements and re package it.. LOL.

Maybe some marbles in a jar?

FYI, they are at the perfect height to the seating position to my HT seats. That is why I did it. Lined em up with a laser pointer and it is nirvana. I always felt the reason K horns do sound better than scalas in the mids and highs IS that they are elevated more on top of the K horn lower end cabinet. For those that have split cabinets you may want to "experiement" some here too! It was a huge difference in my room, and really created a huge soundstage with the La Scalas getting them up in the air a little.

Indyklipschfan,

I'm sorry to take a tangent here, but I've
been lurking on this post and drooling over you guys' heritage HT's.
(Hope they don't short out.)

I noticed that stage looking thing
in your HT, and I've seen similar ones in trade mags. Does that
give some acoustic benefit, or is it just a decorative "Look how big my
room is" kind of thing for karaoke night?

By the way, your
ceiling lights are sweet- what do you have lighting-wise up
there? I'm building my new HT now, and I've been looking at
NeoFlex, which is a flexible neon-like LED tubing. (They sell it at
rosebrand.com for 12-40 bucks a foot depending on color.)

Thanks!

I sing Karaoke.. I needed a stage... I also have lights...in the rears are stage lights... Par cans, fun party lights too... its pretty insane..LOL..

The curtains cover the screen for karaoke..... I will say this, the ceiling is black and the stage is too.. I feel it DOES help a lot to let you get lost in the beautiful picture.....

I used a rope light before... I paid like 50 dollars for a 50 foot rope light.. In blue.. My thoughts up to the sky n heavens should be blue... it was, unfortunantly, after a while...a little green too.. The plastic gets hot.... turns yellow..... that blue gets to be green... YUCK..

At Christmas time at Sams Club 2006, I saw they had these amazing LED christmas tree lights.... WOW, even in a deep dark blue.... 17 dollars even... for 50 feet PERFECT!! And they are too! LED christmas lights are sooo much better than a rope light. They burn cooler.. last forever, stay dark blue.. Able to use a dimmer with them too... AND if you need to get a whole new set 5 years from now??? 17 might be 10- 5 dollars by then?? HOME RUN!

Are you serious or just yanking my chain? There must be a lot
of karaoke fans out there, because I've seen lots of those stages!

I'm
glad to hear about the LED Xmas lights- the ones I'm looking at that I
mentioned in my post are awesome lights, and last forever, but they are
pricey. I also wanted to get blue, but the blue ones are $32 per
foot, and so I was thinking of going amber for $14 or so. Now,
I'm going to try to find what you got and save a BUTTLOAD of
money! (Which I will promptly use to buy a set of RF-83s.)

You may wait till the Christmas Holiday season, but the LED lights were all the rage last year. A lot bighter and will last like 30,000 hours?? Is that good enough, for 17 dollars?

You BET!

Yes, I sing.. So whats a guy to do that used to sing in choirs and in bands throughout HS and college? This whole thing started as a radio station contest for me that we won.. in 1999- 2000. My wife and I won it 3 years in a row. We took a Karaoke song, changed the lyrics, sang it in front of like 1,000 people on stage at a local Wal Mart parking lot. And btw, we and had a blast!

You get older, get married, have kids.... to go out to a crowded smokey bar with a lot of people drinking at say 10 pm- 2 am on a tuesday and WORK the next day got old.. besides.. I am 45.. The days of being a 20 something, full of yourself, and a wanabee rock star, LOL are over.. Ok maybe I could of, should of, kinda thing..LOL.

Now go out once a month?? Yes .. On Vacation... Yes!

Have friends over and sing what u what, when u want, and they get through thier own nervousness and have a blast?? Priceless!!

It is a "safe hobby" keeps me home, and fun to remember all the old songs you loved as well as some new ones.

Btw, the kids sing too.. Look out!

Karaoke is just one of those things.. you either get it.. or you do not.

In many asian countries it is just done to share times and have fun with each other. I have friends who have lived in Japan, the Philippines, and Singapore.. After dinner among friends it is just "what you do" ya know?

We once hosted a karaoke party where people came dressed up as thier favorite rock stars and had to do one song... I am serious.. it was one of the best parties at our house.. people got creative had alot of fun and picked some really funny songs to perform in "their personality." (We might need to do that again!)

You should hear it flanked by Klipschorn's in all four corner's and a couple of Cornwall's at rear effects/center duty! Puts the big theaters to shame and the THX system seems like a HTIB.

Hear! Hear! Much to be said for the "wall of voodoo" effect. many may argue the" purity", but it's fun to do (at least once...)

Oh no!!! 666 posts.... Off to church, get some holy water......[6]