pics of refinished mahogany khorns and birch lascalas

• Moderators

" i think it would bring a smile to PWK's face as well. cheers!"

I think you are correct in that assumption.

While in Hope we met a gentlemen who used to sell veneer to PWK. He told dtel and I that PWK always had first "dibs" on any new and exotic wood veneer that he (the salesman) came across. I believe PWK would be amazed at some of the Klipsch speakers our Forum members have given new life!

My woodworker friend does equally nice work, he did a magnificent job on my '62's. He repainted the backs factory original even using an artist brush around the labels so they looked brand new from every aspect.

These were all original, the grill cloth was replaced because the old cane was shot and I wanted black to match my other speakers. They now belong to forum member sfellini.

My center channel La Scala goes to him in a couple of weeks to get a make over to match my OO Klipschorn mains.

He is absolutely meticulous when it goes to attention to detail, the original plexi badges were cleaned, polished and put back into the same exact brad nail holes. These Cornwalls drew over $1500 on eBay. You should see the antiques that he does!

I love these project-ey kind of posts! It is so great to see hobbyists and craftspeople doing all kinds of creative and very beautiful - speaker work. There are some outstanding - and very creative - folks in this group.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Rob

Exceptionally beautiful work and craftsmanship.

I think PWK would be proud. I believe his goal wasn't to produce the biggest speakers, just the best. I think the fact that people would put so much time and effort into restoring and continually using such old speakers is proof that Klipsch has been doing something right since the beginning.

The Klipsch Heritage speakers definitely withstand the test of time, making beautiful music for decades and generations.