Heresy Center?

jpmgumdoc

I've owned a pair of Cornwalls since I bought them in 1981 while in college. I've always loved these monsters and have dragged them around with me from home to home for 26 years where sometimes they've been in use but often stored away. Now they are coming out from under the tarp in the basement to be the front speakers for home theater. I just bought a pair of original Heresys for the rears and am deciding on a center. A single cornwall would be ideal but not liekly to happen. The Academy gets rave reviews but not so easy to find. Most seem to think that none of the modern Klipsh true centers are a good match to the Cornwalls (except possibly the RC-7 which I have not heard?) The easiest and least expensive route would seem to be another Heresy. I'll be running a Pioneer Elite VSX72TVX and Pioneer Elite universal disc player. What are your thoughts. P.S. While I love vintage Klipsch speakers I know squat about the electronics. I've seen several posts regarding new crossovers for these vintage speakers, especially when using as a center, and have to admit I don't even know what the crossover does much less why it would need to be rebuilt. Feel free to enlighten me and thanks for your time.

Choices?

1) A vertical Cornwall.. Hard to find, but the #1 choice, hands down. Think of a cornwall on it's side with the horns also horizontal like your other Cornwall U have now.

2) Heresey, if you have good sub(s).... Esp up front. The Heresey will blend in here too.

Some others might work, but they will not be as "seemless."

there was a single Cornwall for sale on the 'Bay...BIN $349.00 I believe...nice looking too...I have an all Heresy HT and am using a Heresy (albeit a DeanG-Bob Crites-jorjen Heresy) for center...I preferred it to my popbumpered Academy and Quartet HT...maybe Klipsch will FINALLY make a Heresy center..perhaps even a "vertical Heresy"...:D

Bill

I'm more into music than movies and am planning to run Jolida tubes to Cornwalls for 2 channel listening. Just need something for center that won't be lost with the Cornwalls and won't sound muddy. Seems to be a consensus that a Heresy would be OK. Do I need to do anything with the wiring of the Heresy to use as a center or OK as is?

John

It seems that since they are making the vintage speaker again, Heritage Line, they would make a comparable center, either a Heresy or version of the Academy. Seems everyone on this site with vintage speakers would be interested in having one!

John

...maybe Klipsch will FINALLY make a Heresy center..perhaps even a "vertical Heresy"...:D

Bill

Yeah, what he said. [:)]

A "vertical Heresy"? That would be cool, but if it was priced at $900, like a regular Heresy III, it might be a hard sell.

8 hours for a perfect match??? (Vertical Cornwall) What is with "you people..... "

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I am serious... GO GET IT !!!!!!!!!

I live in Indy...... And I drove to Cleveland, Ohio and Miami, Florida for my La Scala speakers. WORTH every mile since!

I drove to Detroit for my center vertical Cornwalls too. (bought 4 of them!)

What's wrong with you? Go for it!

Somehow I knew an 8 hour one way drive would seem like an obvious clear choice to many on this site! In a former life I would be half way there with my best buddy riding shotgun, a cooler full of cold ones, and a back seat full of bungy cords to strap that sucker to the roof! Now I need 48 hours in every day to get done half of what I need to do and spending a weekend going to get a speaker just isn't gonna happen. Maybe there is a life lesson here!