I got my Forte II's

lutesk

Forte II's were my first kilpsch, then kg 4's, then Forte's and now Lascala's and they are all still with me. See a pattern?

They look great, thew oiled oak is timeless and I know sound even better, enjoy them.

Tom

• Moderators

We moved our Forte II's around quite a bit before they were given their final place of honor. I am sure you will achieve the sound you are looking for once you accomplish your goal.

Congratulations again and keep us updated on your progress.

Those look so similar to my Chorus II it would be fun to compare the sound.

Believe it or not, the smaller Forte II actually digs deeper. It's also

voiced in such a way that the bass is more prominent compared to the

mids/tweets. The mids on the Chorus II are a little smoother and the

bass, though not digging as low, is definitely more accurate. The

larger baffle also throws a slightly larger sound. Otherwise the two

sound very similar...I would describe the Forte II as more forgiving of

poor recordings, but the Chorus II are going to sound better with good

recordings. Since not all music is recorded well, choosing between the

two really becomes a toss-up.

Well that's my 2 cents on the differences. I'd love to hear them side by side in the same room sometime just to confirm.

• Moderators

Wow nice clean looking setup, but it looks like you have 2 really nice corners just begging for something. [6]

You know you have a problem when 2 nice size speakers on a wall looks empty compared to what you see at home !

If I only had a choice of one pair of speakers it would probably also be Forte ll's. The room looks really nice, it's my addiction to Klipsch that makes me want to make what is called around here ( the wall of sound ), wish I had enough control to only have one pair. [:S]

Congrats!

Great looking setup.[Y]

Thanks fellow Hoosier.

I put them in the corners last night. Definitely better bass and a little mellower top end. Sounded real nice, but that could have been the Knob Creek working. [:D]

This is fun.

Keep playing with placement, it all depends on the type of sound you want. The Forte sounded great in my livingroom where I have my Forte II's, when I moved them to the finished basement, which has similar demension the bass became boomy. I now have Lascala's down there and the sound is nothing short of stunning. As said in an earlier post, you have a clean set-up, I'm sure by now you are more than pleased with your choice.

Tom