Your favorite Cigar

We also might consider throwing those cheeseburger eatin' basturds out of the hospital too.Also those that risk their lives drinkin' or riding scooters,boating,mountain climbing and on and on.....I pay a ton of tax money to support a never ending list of crap(and freeloaders) I don't want to support,welcome to modern day USA.No offense O,you're entitled to your opinion just as we all are.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the early 1980's I smoked 2 or 3 Punch Rothchilds Maduro per day--used to buy a box of 50 for $25--those were the days.

I now smoke about 5 or 6 cigars per month. My favorites (all are Havanas):

Bolivar Belicosos Finos (I always go back to this one--probably my all time favorite)

Romeo y Julieta Cazadores (a REALLY burly smoke--best enjoyed outdoors!)

Partagas Especiales #2 (the BEST of the panatela shapes--blows the Montecristo and Cohiba away)

Partagas Serie D

Hoyo de Monterrey churchills

H, Upmann "Sir Winston" (my second-favorite Churchill after the Hoyo)

--and a new shape that I've been enjoying-- the Montecristo "Edmundo"--a big, THICK 6" stick--NICE!

We also might consider throwing those cheeseburger eatin' basturds out of the hospital too.Also those that risk their lives drinkin' or riding scooters,boating,mountain climbing and on and on.....I pay a ton of tax money to support a never ending list of crap(and freeloaders) I don't want to support,welcome to modern day USA.No offense O,you're entitled to your opinion just as we all are.

Fish, I wholly agree that there are many lifestyle choices that negatively impact ones health.  But, tobacco related diseases will account for 1 in 5 deaths of Americans this year, and next year and so on.  There are literally millions of Americans seriously and desperately sick right now from tobacco.  Of all of the bad things people choose to partake of tobacco is one that has the greatest, the worst, and the most predictable negative impact on ones health.  It is the one thing that if eliminated would offer the greatest health overall improvement and cost benefit (lost work, insurance premiums, you name it) for our country.  Tobacco habits are also the easiest to lifestyle isolate.  By that I mean that people must eat so unhealthy food choices are made available.  People must get around so less than safe modes of transportation are accessible.  When it comes to tobacco habits there are no required collateral lifestyle needs.  It is purely a vice oriented lifestyle choice.  Tobacco could be eliminated and not really missed from any individuals life or society as a whole.  Lastly, this is not just my opinion.  What I share here are facts that can be verified from a number of sources.  They have been thoroughly researched and proven by many independent groups.  Even the tobacco industry does not refute this information.  

We also might consider throwing those cheeseburger eatin' basturds out of the hospital too.Also those that risk their lives drinkin' or riding scooters,boating,mountain climbing and on and on.....I pay a ton of tax money to support a never ending list of crap(and freeloaders) I don't want to support,welcome to modern day USA.No offense O,you're entitled to your opinion just as we all are.

Fish, I wholly agree that there are many lifestyle choices that negatively impact ones health. But, tobacco related diseases will account for 1 in 5 deaths of Americans this year, and next year and so on. There are literally millions of Americans seriously and desperately sick right now from tobacco. Of all of the bad things people choose to partake of tobacco is one that has the greatest, the worst, and the most predictable negative impact on ones health. It is the one thing that if eliminated would offer the greatest health overall improvement and cost benefit (lost work, insurance premiums, you name it) for our country. Tobacco habits are also the easiest to lifestyle isolate. By that I mean that people must eat so unhealthy food choices are made available. People must get around so less than safe modes of transportation are accessible. When it comes to tobacco habits there are no required collateral lifestyle needs. It is purely a vice oriented lifestyle choice. Tobacco could be eliminated and not really missed from any individuals life or society as a whole. Lastly, this is not just my opinion. What I share here are facts that can be verified from a number of sources. They have been thoroughly researched and proven by many independent groups. Even the tobacco industry does not refute this information.

Dood - we're not challenging your facts or anything of the sort. What a few of us are trying to say is this...........

In the history of mankind, nobody, and I'm willing to bet NO ONE, has gone to a funeral viewing, looked at the deceased person and said, "Well....at least he didn't die from smoking" or "At least he didn't die in a plane crash" or "At least he didn't die from rock climbing" or "At least he didn't die in a motorcycle crash".

The point is......

Dead is dead. It don't matter how you got there.

Tom

We also might consider throwing those cheeseburger eatin' basturds out of the hospital too.Also those that risk their lives drinkin' or riding scooters,boating,mountain climbing and on and on.....I pay a ton of tax money to support a never ending list of crap(and freeloaders) I don't want to support,welcome to modern day USA.No offense O,you're entitled to your opinion just as we all are.

Fish, I wholly agree that there are many lifestyle choices that negatively impact ones health.  But, tobacco related diseases will account for 1 in 5 deaths of Americans this year, and next year and so on.  There are literally millions of Americans seriously and desperately sick right now from tobacco.  Of all of the bad things people choose to partake of tobacco is one that has the greatest, the worst, and the most predictable negative impact on ones health.  It is the one thing that if eliminated would offer the greatest health overall improvement and cost benefit (lost work, insurance premiums, you name it) for our country.  Tobacco habits are also the easiest to lifestyle isolate.  By that I mean that people must eat so unhealthy food choices are made available.  People must get around so less than safe modes of transportation are accessible.  When it comes to tobacco habits there are no required collateral lifestyle needs.  It is purely a vice oriented lifestyle choice.  Tobacco could be eliminated and not really missed from any individuals life or society as a whole.  Lastly, this is not just my opinion.  What I share here are facts that can be verified from a number of sources.  They have been thoroughly researched and proven by many independent groups.  Even the tobacco industry does not refute this information.  

Dood - we're not challenging your facts or anything of the sort.  What a few of us are trying to say is this...........

In the history of mankind, nobody, and I'm willing to bet NO ONE, has gone to a funeral viewing, looked at the deceased person and said, "Well....at least he didn't die from smoking" or "At least he didn't die in a plane crash" or "At least he didn't die from rock climbing" or "At least he didn't die in a motorcycle crash".

The point is......

Dead is dead.  It don't matter how you got there.

Tom

Tom...  I wish that this were a conversation conducted across from each other sitting at a table.  Then we could have covered the various aspects of the issue quickly instead looking like a ***-for-tat interaction.  I really am not chastising anyone for their decisions on this subject.  Like a friend with good advice I share what I know.  It is up to others to take it for what it's worth.  I do apologize for inserting myself here where this information was not likely to be welcome.  It is a very touchy subject for some and I tried to be diplomatic and informational, not damning in any way.  If I did not care about others I would not have made the effort at all.  I'll leave it alone now unless someone has a particular question they feel I might be able to answer.

Oscar - They need you over at the 'Sipping wine and listening to music' thread to warn them about the dangers of alcoholism, cirrhosis of the liver and drunk driving. Also someone posted a message under the thread "Any Klipsch nuts into golf" where they refer to smoking cigars and drinking on the course. That is a double whammy that needs to be discussed in that thread.

Oscar - They need you over at the 'Sipping wine and listening to music' thread to warn them about the dangers of alcoholism, cirrhosis of the liver and drunk driving.    Also someone posted a message under the thread "Any Klipsch nuts into golf" where they refer to smoking cigars and drinking on the course.  That is a double whammy that needs to be discussed in that thread.

I just posted on that golfing thread and it said nothing about cigars or drinking.  Take care now.

Now ,Now ,Boys Relax it's just a thread..........They tell me a REAL Cuban Cigar is so smooth, you don't even know your smoking, is that Fact or Fiction ?.............

Come on down to Wilmington and we'll smoke some Cubans, drink some single malt and watch The Biggest Bang.

Now ,Now ,Boys Relax it's just a thread..........They tell me a REAL Cuban Cigar is so smooth, you don't even know your smoking, is that Fact or Fiction ?.............

Come on down to Wilmington and we'll smoke some Cubans, drink some single malt and watch The Biggest Bang.

Two outa' Three ain't bad.................... The Austin Show............"Bob Wills is King"..damn man !!!!!!!!!!!!!