White Van/ Internet Police

colterphoto1

This came across my desk yesterday:

I just received a call from a customer, who was in a Best Buy store in Houston Texas, thinking about buying more of our speakers. When he left the store he was approached by a couple of gentlemen who were selling "knock off" Klipsch speakers in the parking lot. Shedrick was so upset about them selling those speakers in the parking lot, he took a picture of the van and the license plate and emailed it to me. "

We have a man here at Klipsch who polices the internet looking for unauthorized distributors. There are many ways of finding them out and stopping their activities. If anyone has a run in with an unauthorized internet company (usually they can sell only discontinued Klipsch merchandise, but call and we can check on it), or the infamous White Van sales people- please LET US KNOW!

On a similar note, remember that Klipsch's 5 year warranty is only valid with goods purchased as new from an Authorized Dealer.

The white van theives, they have approached me twice and one of those times was in West Virginia. Those guys are the worst, good to know we can rat them out to you...[:(]

They're not really thieves, just fraudsters selling cheap speakers and claiming they're good stuff. Anyone who buys from them assumes he's dealing with crooks, so shouldn't be surprised when he gets tricked...

Here is one product they represent:

http://www.kirschloudspeakers.com/products/view_pdetails.php?value=23

I know, I got a set CHEAP! Yes, I read the specs before-hand and immediately knew they weren't hi-fi items, but for the price, this is an eventual DIY project w/components replacements.

I said here is the cash, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT........he took it and grumbled all the way back to his WHITE VAN.

Take your pick: Theives, crooks, low lifes, or how about losers that prey on the people who sometimes really do not know the difference and find out the hard way when they realize what just happened to them. [:P]

Maybe they've changed their spiel, but it's usually, "My dispatcher mistakenly gave me an extra pair of speakers, so I'll sell them to you instead of taking them back to the warehouse, at a great price!" In other words, "Wanna buy some stolen goods?"

Sure, they're not really stolen, just cheaply made and overpriced, but if someone thinks they're buying stolen goods from a thief, what do they expect? It's almost like the wino that goes to the cops to complain that the bootlegger sold him bad booze.

This came across my desk yesterday:

I just received a call from a customer, who was in a Best Buy store in Houston Texas, thinking about buying more of our speakers. When he left the store he was approached by a couple of gentlemen who were selling "knock off" Klipsch speakers in the parking lot. Shedrick was so upset about them selling those speakers in the parking lot, he took a picture of the van and the license plate and emailed it to me. "

We have a man here at Klipsch who polices the internet looking for unauthorized distributors. There are many ways of finding them out and stopping their activities. If anyone has a run in with an unauthorized internet company (usually they can sell only discontinued Klipsch merchandise, but call and we can check on it), or the infamous White Van sales people- please LET US KNOW!

On a similar note, remember that Klipsch's 5 year warranty is only valid with goods purchased as new from an Authorized Dealer.

The latest "knock off Klipsch" I have seen lately are the new PD series from Tyler Acoustics. The maker of these speakers claims to not be familiar with Klipsch, if you can believe that B.S.

-Mike in NEPA