Any hunters (deer) here?

Coytee

So...If its tourist season, does that mean we can shoot them?

Yea but you gotta be very careful about your bag limit. I understand the fines are pretty substantial if you get more tourists than is legally allowed.

Generally speaking, invasive non-indigenous species have no limit nor season.

Witness the feral hybrid hogs in the East Tennessee region. Heck, fish and game will help landowners who want to bait and use lights to eliminate them.

And heaven knows the tourists do more damage then the feral hybrid hogs! ...Just check out Pigeon Forge! [;)]

I hunt... Bow and Gun. On pubic and private land. The last two years I have seen more deer in the public land than private. There are less and less hunters each year on public land. With the loss of farm land around Milwaukee WI, I find it odd that the public grounds close to urban area have less and less hunters each year.

I personally don't hunt by the hiking trails, but I know guys who do. Makes it easier to get in and drag deer out.

In Wisconsin, you must wear blaze orange when you are in any woods during gun season. I put my kids in blaze orange when they are playing at the in-laws houses at Thanksgiving since they live in rural central Wisconsin.

The only deer I got last year was with my jeep, on my way back from hunting no less[:$]

Wisconsin has very similar deer / car accidents stats like Glen pointed out in Michigan. With our mild winters there are way to many deer in our urban areas.

Double J, your sign story is dead on, though I have never used a sign for target practice. I use to work for a company that made the outside shell for power pole transformers. The transformers in the state of Texas have a Kevlar bullet proof lining so they survive target practice. No kidding.

JM

Deer Hunting is a way of life here.......Not all of us do it though !!!!!!!! Bow season, black powder season, rifle season............

Buckster season...[:o][:o][:o]

They have been hunting me for 59 years............With NO LUCK........That's why I'm an OLDBuckster............EH !!!!!!!!!!!!