FS: 5 Heresys

Tom Adams

Well guys....with much regret, I need to sell the 5 Heresys that made up the surrounds in my all Heritage HT. Truthfully, I don't NEED to sell them, but I do WANT to sell them since there's no telling when or if ever I'll do another HT room. So, hopefully, they'll go to a good home. Some details.......

(4) of them are Heresy I's and (1) is a Heresy II.

All of the crossovers in the Heresy I's have been freshened up and the crossover in the Heresy II was completely rebuilt with new components.

The back panels on (2) of the Heresy I's were replaced in order to accomodate my wall mounting brackets, however, I still have the original backs. The other two Heresy I's have home-made wall brackets attached to the original backs, however it would be very easy to make new ones. The center channel Heresy II has a custom made angled riser which is completely removable.

All of the speakers have had their input connectors replaced with 5-way binding posts.

All of the speaker cabinets have had their edges rounded-over with a 1/2" round-over bit and all of the cabinets have been professionally refininshed in a satin black. It's just MHO, but I think they look awesome.

Local pick-up only, but I'm open to some travel if a hot dog and beer is in the offering. [:)]

Asking $2000.00

Tom

Jeez.....I'm such a retard. [:S]

I should have mentioned that just because they're all finished the same doesn't mean that they have to go as a set. So if someone wants just a pair, I can do that too.

Oh and if you're interested, please PM through the Klipsch site or at my work email: tom(dot)adams(dot)iii(at)gulfstream(dot)com

And here's the best pic I have - sorry. [:$]

And one last thing.....I've got some black OEM style grill cloth I can throw in too.

post-4338-1381934330993_thumb.jpg

Tom, we all remember what you went through refinishing them beautifully and keeping them through difficult times.

Please reconsider selling. You WILL have another HT and these will be awaiting that time.

If you lived next door to me and offered them for $500 for the set I wouldn't dream of buying them from you.

Michael

Well guys....with much regret, I need to sell the 5 Heresys that made up the surrounds in my all Heritage HT. Truthfully, I don't NEED to sell them, but I do WANT to sell them since there's no telling when or if ever I'll do another HT room. So, hopefully, they'll go to a good home. Some details.......

(4) of them are Heresy I's and (1) is a Heresy II.

All of the crossovers in the Heresy I's have been freshened up and the crossover in the Heresy II was completely rebuilt with new components.

The back panels on (2) of the Heresy I's were replaced in order to accomodate my wall mounting brackets, however, I still have the original backs. The other two Heresy I's have home-made wall brackets attached to the original backs, however it would be very easy to make new ones. The center channel Heresy II has a custom made angled riser which is completely removable.

All of the speakers have had their input connectors replaced with 5-way binding posts.

All of the speaker cabinets have had their edges rounded-over with a 1/2" round-over bit and all of the cabinets have been professionally refininshed in a satin black. It's just MHO, but I think they look awesome.

Local pick-up only, but I'm open to some travel if a hot dog and beer is in the offering. [:)]

Asking $2000.00

Tom

Well the pair I saw looked fantastic and sounded great . I myself am not in the market ; I have 4 Heresy II's that I'm not using .

If this is what you want to do though , good luck !

Soo , what are you going to do with the 5 channel Halo ?

Beauties! You may be letting them go too easily, the ebay prices thread is indicating even 32 year old beater Heresys are worth $650 a piece...

When I checked eBay, I didn't see any at that price. You sure that wasn't for a pair??? Sheesh - I'd love to get $650/each.

Tom

Hey Tom, I sent you a PM about the seats.

Billy

Hey Billy. Yes - I got your PM and also the automated email to my work address about my HT seats. I sent you a reply last week, but I guess you didn't get it. Anyhow.....

The short of it is that my neighbor who has been putting together a HT room decided to buy all my seats. Please don't ask what I sold them for. I was at a weak moment and needed to have them gone. [:$] [:'(]

Sorry Billy. Hope we can hook up sometime when you get over in the Hinesville area.

Tom

Tom, we all remember what you went through refinishing them beautifully and keeping them through difficult times.

Please reconsider selling. You WILL have another HT and these will be awaiting that time.

If you lived next door to me and offered them for $500 for the set I wouldn't dream of buying them from you.

Michael

I hear what you're saying Michael and believe me, I didn't come to this decision easily. Truth of the matter is that my new life and place of residence just doesn't allow for 5 Heresys. Not trying to be mysterious, just trying to explain that I really don't have much in the way of options for storing the bloody things. I don't want to shove them away in an attic or out in a storage shed for Lord knows how long for I'd be afraid of what would happen to the cabinets not being in a controlled environment. Besides, there's a part of me that has that "been there done that" thing going on. I mean, I've done an all Heritage 7.1 HT system, so if I do another HT room, why not try something different?? And who knows what Klipsch will have for speakers in 5 years?? Oh yeah.......that's right......you do. LOL [:D]

Tom

Well the pair I saw looked fantastic and sounded great . I myself am not in the market ; I have 4 Heresy II's that I'm not using .

If this is what you want to do though , good luck !

Soo , what are you going to do with the 5 channel Halo ?

I've sold both the 2-channel and the 5-channel Halo's. Only thing left from the HT room is the B&K pre/pro and the Denon 3910 and I'm wanting to sellt them too.

Tom