sub choice for five heresy's

wells92

well i have narrowed my subwoofer choice to a used rsw10, new rw12d, or an hsu vtf 2 mk iii from hsu to go with my 5 heresy's...room is 12 x 16.....which is the best for shaking the room during movies and tight and musical for music such as jack johnson, oar, dave, and occasional rap?

The VTF-2, Had one. It won't keep up with an all Heresy system...nowhere near enough dynamics. The RW-12D is barely on the edge power wise but will be better in the upper bandwidth. If you can swing it, an RT-10 or RT-12 would be good matches. Also the Elemental Designs A5-350 is a good compromise between horsepower and sound quality if you can fit it.

seems to be alot of problems with Klipsch subs

what in the world are you talking about????????????

Can you say Sub 10, sub 12?????

Doc, denial is not a river in Africa.

Yeah, it does SEEM like a lot of failures based upon the complaints we see online, however we don't really know what percentage of Sub10/Sub12 owners have problems.

Yeah, it does SEEM like a lot of failures based upon the complaints we see online, however we don't really know what percentage of Sub10/Sub12 owners have problems.

Very true. We also don't know how many people with problems don't post. Usually where there's smoke, there's fire. You never seem to see a recurring problem with any of Klipsch's other subs. Of all the speakers and subs Klipsch sells, the Sub 10 and Sub 12 seem to get the most posts concerning problems. Maybe were just spoiled with the excellent service we get from the rest of their product lines and it makes these issues stand out.

My question had nothing to do with rivers...

The original post was asking about the " rsw10, new rw12d" - not the

Sub10 or Sub12. A comment along the lines of "seems to be a lot of

problems with Klipsch subs" implies that there are problems with every

single model. Klipsch also commented in the past that one of their

vendors screwed up something which created a bad batch of Sub10's.

Posts related to that isolated incident should not be considered

representative of the entire Klipsch lineup either. I also don't recall

any complaints concerning the Sub12 - only the Sub10. Then again, I

don't read every single post either.

I do not mean to sound defensive or in denial or whatever, but unfounded negative claims should be called out.

"We also don't know how many people with problems don't post."

We also don't know how many people without problems don't post either.

In fact, having a little insight into Klipsch failure rate policies, I

have no doubt there are far more people without problems that never feel the need to search out

a support forum. Really, the only people that come to the forum are people seeking advice or comfirmation of their decisions.

LOL

Do not be mean to the green cricket .

The Sub 10 is a JL Audio quality product all around....[:P]

My question had nothing to do with rivers...

The original post was asking about the " rsw10, new rw12d" - not the Sub10 or Sub12. A comment along the lines of "seems to be a lot of problems with Klipsch subs" implies that there are problems with every single model. Klipsch also commented in the past that one of their vendors screwed up something which created a bad batch of Sub10's. Posts related to that isolated incident should not be considered representative of the entire Klipsch lineup either. I also don't recall any complaints concerning the Sub12 - only the Sub10. Then again, I don't read every single post either.

I do not mean to sound defensive or in denial or whatever, but unfounded negative claims should be called out.

"We also don't know how many people with problems don't post."

We also don't know how many people without problems don't post either. In fact, having a little insight into Klipsch failure rate policies, I have no doubt there are far more people without problems that never feel the need to search out a support forum. Really, the only people that come to the forum are people seeking advice or comfirmation of their decisions.

unfounded negative claims should be called out..............So, those people that had problems are no presenting a true account of what's happening, and they is so few of them, that we should ignore them as hear-say ? There is more than one or two reports on this forum, and this forum is small. How many people have trouble with them don't say anything, and never buy Klipsch product again ? ONE is too many.........Bad product happens, bad DVD's, bad cd's, bad Automoblies.....failures happen, you can't deny them when they do.............Once you get off this forum and ask around, or look around, many people know nothing of Klipsch, don't be so defensive, it's not your job........relax guy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, you take everything to heart.............There was a question asked, and I gave my opinion as to which one I'd choose, and why I chose it, that's all it was. Just because I didn't choose Klipsch shouldn't upset anyone. Many posters with problems with Klipsch sub's, I don't care what model number it is, they have problems. Personally, I wouldn't buy Klipsch Subs either, but it's my money, my choice. I like JBL's, but that wasn't one of the choices the poster asked about.............I gave an honest response, if you don't like it, sorry 'bout that............

• 2 weeks later...

For five Klipsch Heresy in an HT setup medium to large room I would look at SVS dual driver subs and ElementalDesigns dual driver subs.Both dig deep,have majour output,very good sound quality and built quality.

The Sub12 just does not cut unless you want to forefit information below 25hz with any kind of authority.

The world of subs is VERY competitive and the winners are SVS,ED(ElementalDesigns) and HSU for value. SVS and ED build very high performance subs,HSU great budget subs. The VTF3 HO cannot compete in large rooms with tyhe newest Ultra from SVS or the monster dual 18" vented ED

In most cases however the VTF3-HO does marvels,only in large difficult rooms you need seriously more output.As a single 12 can not move mountains.