Car Speakers

mcarter

Sorry I dnt know of any horn loaded car speakers.

But I know the Dynaudio and Focal car speakers mop the floor with MB Quart car speakers(we are talking quality here).

The Dynes and Focal have one problem...the damn price.

Besides that not much else.

PolkAudio also makes some quality car speakers(and priced right).

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I have MB Quarts 6.5 compoents all around in my car

98 Sentra SE-R they sound phenominal i have there

higher end ones up front and a mid grade set in the

rear but both are components and the fronts i upgraded

with the MUSiComp X-overs all powered from a 5 channel

Precision power amp and it sounds real nice. And a JL

audio 10 inch sub its not super super bassy but sounds

nice simlular to my home setup SB-3's w/ KSW-12 I like

that like the SB-3's the Quarts can play loud and distortion free..

Daryl

------------------

Thanks,

Daryl Gregg cwm12.gif

MY Home Theatre Page

• 1 month later...

just got some speakers for my truck { crystals} they sound awsome might want to see if you have them where you live. went to listen to speaker at different audio shops and these where the best i thought for my taste. also got an amp and a 10" sub and alpine radio cd and changer

Lets see a car system that matches a Klipsch. Well start with a great midrange-high set-up. Go with the image dynamics, they sound great, as do the dynaudio. If you don't want it so harsh in such a enclosed area you could get one horn and set it in the middle under the dash. Much like a center channel. You could do this with numerous 3ch amps available. And with some MB in the door and some custom made x-overs, your front stage should be set. Xtant makes some great amps that have a nice mellow sound to them. The first time a heard one I thought that it may have had some tubes... no such luck. But it sounds great. As for subs, if you like the tight punch and low wow/flutter of a klipsch speaker than go with a PPI flat sub in a sealed box with penty of power. These Precision Power subs are one of the cleanest subs I have ever heard for a car. The 10's are a nice blend although some like the 12's. Power the subs with enough watts from a high quality amp, and run the whole setup from a reciever/pre-amnp from Clarion Pro and U R in business.

Just an idea

I came very close to taking my IW-150s apart and using them in my truck.I couldn't fit the 6.5 woofers in the door and roll the window downcwm20.gif not having air and I couldn't bring myself to mess up"good stuff".And the 150 is only 90dB I want something more.

I wiil find something with bad cabitnets one of these dayscwm35.gif

When I was in Senior in Highschool I had a 68 Chevy longbed with a camper shell that was a little taller than cab. It had a boot instead of back window and was padded and carpeted up to top of bed. To make a long story short I used to put my Heresy's in the back and hooked it to a Sanyo 50 wpc amp driven by a Alpine under dash cassete deck. It was vey loud and was a big favorite for lake parties. Those horns would really reach out! I used to get invited to all the keg parties. LOL