Clear plexiglass around drummers?

Coytee

I've been a drummer for over thirty years, and I find these disparaging comments to be offensive, insulting, and completely accurate ;-) The definition of a good drummer is one that compliments the music by using such tools as dynamics, space and self-restraint. That said, I've heard some great bands that consisted of kids without a thimble-full of technique, but plenty of heart and creativity. They somehow still manage to make great music.

I've been a drummer for over thirty years, and I find these disparaging comments to be offensive, insulting, and completely accurate ;-) The definition of a good drummer is one that compliments the music by using such tools as dynamics, space and self-restraint. That said, I've heard some great bands that consisted of kids without a thimble-full of technique, but plenty of heart and creativity. They somehow still manage to make great music.

Wise words indeed Blvdre my brother! Speaking as another that "drives" the band, the plexiglass shield is protection from the drummer kicking the lead guitarists A** for turning his amp to eleven, "which is one more!" As we all know, the lead gutarist has to be HEARD!!!

Like most threads on the forum, the humor in this topic is predicated upon a knowledge of what they speak. (That alone should be a sufficient caveat! But not here!)

And the origin of the quips regarding drummers originates with the fact that drummer jokes are defacto jokes in the biz...with MOST spread by drummers themselves! That is where I have heard the best ones.

Comments by others who are clueless and not aware of this really don't matter.

But if you are indeed a drummer for over 30 years anywhere in the western world,(and who would subject themselves to such abuse if they were not), you would know this. And if you were serious, you would know that ANY generalization is suspect! Do we have to explain the nature of a joke next? Or what it needs to be an 'arteeest'? And listening to musicians arguing over which part wants to be the loudest, when the sole function of the monitor from a performer's POV is "Mo' Me", is definitely akin to watching pigs engaging in a mud slinging contest!

And a thin skinned musician who finds industry standard jokes (where no one is above them!) to be "offensive, insulting, and completely accurate " is ALWAYS welcome on the bus! Someone else's!

Just think, it could be worse!!! If you find these lame jokes posted here offensive, there is probably still time to switch to playing the harp (harmonica for the rest of you)!

Lighten up! They are jokes and nothing more! And they are only true if YOU make them!

And a thin skinned musician who finds industry standard jokes (where no one is above them!) to be "offensive, insulting, and completely accurate " is ALWAYS welcome on the bus! Someone else's!

Mas, now you have me confused. I would expect you of all people to get the humor in that remark! He is most definitely welcome on the bus that the musicians get to ride in...

If I missed a self-deprecating joke, well, I definitely blew it!!!!![:$]

But after the recurring events where a few clueless folks denigrate Heyser, et al, and modern acoustical theory and current accepted methods, dismissing them because they don't get it, one never knows any more on this site.

So again, if I missed the joke, then I blew it! Oooops.My bad!!! [:$][:'(][*-)]

But if I didn't, get over it.[:P]

Behind every great band is a good conducter....Without a conducter you have a mob.

In front of every great band is a great soundman, preferably with cool hair. ...

without a sound man you have gibbersh spilling over the edge of the stage and the vocalists sound like junior high kids.