For those of you with an interest in earphones....

Amy

• Moderators

What kind of accessories would you like to see available online? Examples: carrying cases, cleaning kits, adaptors for music mixing, ear tip replacements, etc?

Any thoughts/suggestions? As far as carrying cases, what kind is preferable (sizes, shapes, colors, styles, place for your ipod, etc)?

Thanks!

Amy,

What about a custom carrying case for the most popular MP3 players (ipod, zune, etc) that would hold the player and the earphones. It would also have to have the Klipsch logo on the outside of the case too. Don't forget that alot of people (like me) use the ipod to watch movies while traveling and a case that the ipod can sit upright on the traytable so you can see the screen is also nice.

Steve

Replacement ear tips is a must[;)]

If you are looking into cases especially custom cases how about one that can hold your iPod (Zune), an external amp like one of these:

http://www.headphone.com/products/headphone-amps/the-mobile-line/headroom-total-bithead.php or my fave

http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/products/tomahawk plus your phones with options of belt loop or clamp device, possibly a over the shoulder type of strap. Currently use a small instamatic camera case which allows for the two devices being strapped back to back in a safe enclosure. The draw back hear is openings for cables which need to be considered for this type of application[Y]

Just some food for thought and I can't wait to get my Custom 3's[:D]

I usually don't like headphones, but these new ones might have me changing my opinion. As such, I'm probably not a very good source of what is considred the norm.

Nevertheless, being in-ear headphones I would like to see some kind of clothing clip to help prevent the cord from getting tangled/snagged and then ripped out.

"Adaptors for music mixing" has me intrigued....is Klipsch actually going to market these headphones as studio grade? Or are they implying that these should be used for live sound mixing? [:o]

Amy,

How about getting with a custom earmold company and having them design a earmold that yalls earphones would connect to. I believe www.westone.com is one company that does that. If you get a company that will make the molds then all someone would have to do is go have ear impressions made and then send them off to the company and what they get back will be custom fit to thier ear and the Klipsch earphone. The molds I had done for ear plugs when I ride the bike were about $90.00.

Steve

Good call Steve, I have the UM2's with triple flang tips. When I got my Ray Samuels amp he had told me he found the Westones to be the best he had heard to date and he has every kind of phones you can think of (Shure, Ety, Ultimate Ears and the whole lot of full size cans) but that was prior to Klipsch's release so he may (I was going to give him a call once I get a pair of Custom 3's and give him my take on them as opposed to the UM2's) just find a pair nicer sounding than his current reference[:P]

I have a strong feeling the new Klipsch line is going to give the comp one heck of a time[;)] Just got myself a brand new U2 30GB model this morning as I wanted to pick one up before they were gone and man is this one sweet[:D]

Jay has a point about the new pod sizes and with so many different ones on the market a universal bag may be the answer but with sizeable koam inserts could give multiple options

• 2 weeks later...

A high impedance cable or adapter a la the Etymotic P->S adapter would be great. I know that I tend to listen to music much quieter than most, and I actually prefer higher impedance/lower efficiency headphones. Depending on the native sensitivity of the Klipsch phones, it would also make it easier to work with various amplifiers.

Klipsch In Ear Phones Accessories

Replacement eartips - I think the press release said US users could send in a coupon for a free set in desired size. I'd recommend selling in sets of 3 to 6 pairs depending on durability. Maybe more than 1 set for the free ones. But they may last for years. It seems like they should be exptected to wear out as soft and comfortable as they are

Replacement cleaning tools - people will loose them, would be nice to come with a spare

Carrying cases for replacement ear tips, cleaning tool, and other accessories in different sizes - don't forget about those of us with rather large mp3 player such as the Creative Labe Zen xTra which is what we have - quite large compared to an iPod, especially the real small Nano models , small compared to an earlier cassette walkman or portable CD player - definitely with the Klipsch logo. Multiple colors might also be a good idea - basic black with big bronze Klipsch logo would work fine for me

How About Stick It In Your Ear! tee shirts? Maybe include a coupon for size of your choice with purchase. Awesome new phones and a cool tee shirt... I also think something like The Legendary Sound of Klipsch that fits in your ear could make a good tee shirt slogan, maybe along with Stick It In Your Ear!

Thanks Bill.

To quote Professor Thump:

"Stick It In Your Ear!"

Ben

p.s. I'm really glad I made the Pilgrimage as I've been wanting to upgrade my headphones for quite some time..... the IMAGE proto especially was unbelievably comfortable, and the sound simply stunning.... of course after attending the Pilgrimage, my need for speakers the size of small refrigerators or bigger has been woken from a long sleep.... (way past due to upgrade from the simple 8" 2 way speakers I slapped together back in college, over 20 years ago)