Sexy female jazz singer on You Tube

ClaudeJ1

There was a discussion a while back about Diana Krall being one, and someone else posted a link of someone else singing jazz. I can't remember her name, but it was a white background setting with 50's style props, like a plastic record player around her. Any links?

I don't know jazz singers from almost anything else, but are you thinking of Anita O'Day with her ostrich plume hat? A famous movie short from a Newport Jazz Festival back about then.

http://www.alexwright.org/blog/archives/001015.html

No, this woman is normally a rock singer. It was a studio video, not live. White back ground, bright plastic colors, etc.

There was a discussion a while back about Diana Krall being one, and someone else posted a link of someone else singing jazz. I can't remember her name, but it was a white background setting with 50's style props, like a plastic record player around her. Any links?

I think Silje Nergaard is the babe you seek.

Not being cruel my good man. I really do like her voice and with a little training and the right backing she'd be great. Hel she's great already!

I feel your pain Buster, she was a local gal after all and just taking off when cancer brought her low. But don't forget if we listened only to those who didn't die young we'd have a lot empty space in our music collection.

Claude, you may have been thinking of Lee Aaron. She is totally hot, as well as being a great singer. She was singing rock a couple of decades ago, but has been singing jazz for quite a while.

This is the video you had in mind:

=

and some more jazz:

=

=

and a couple from 1989, when she was the Metal Queen (best at higher volume):

=

=

Lee played a date here in Victoria with her jazz band in 2004 and she was really good. I'm hoping she comes back soon.

Not being cruel my good man.  I really do like her voice and with a little training and the right backing she'd be great. Hel she's great already!

Pretty voice, yes, I agree. But already a great performer, nah, not by a long shot, sorry but JMHO.

I like this, and it really is jazz, but she doesn't have the sex appeal that your good woman has.

Re Eva Cassidy - I had never heard of her until this thread. Perhaps with better production value of the videos and audio, our impression of her as a performer would be better. BUT, she has incredible phrasing, great intonation, and I like her ability to take a standard and do something a little different with it. To me, those are some elements of a great performer. I am sickened to find that she is no longer with us.

Gil, nice recording and she's got a great voice with a great backing band. Thanks for sharing that.

Bill, also get "Time After Time" then you will have her two best cd's. The recording quality and mixing on her cd's is far superior to what you saw with the utube clip.