Who is your favorite muff?

Professor Thump

Okay guys and gals,

I have been bending your ears about IE headphones and I would guess some of you who like earmuffs feel lefts out. So here is your chance....

What is your favorite circumaural headphone? Why? How does it sound better for your?

Do you normally use a HP amp with it? If so what one?

Stick it in your ear might not work so I will have to come up with a new slogan. Hmmmmm.... I will think on that.

I use Sony MDR V600? or something like that for live sound. I like them because they cup well to my head, invert so I can just cram em up to one ear without getting tangled in cords, and they play loud and have overexagerated bass - which helps distinguish it from the bass coming from the house. In the studio I use a pair of Sennheisers (I actually don't know the model) and then a pair of AKG K240. I like the AKG's because they're dry as heck and the mix translates well. I hate them for listening for enjoyment though - which is why the Sennheisers are there. In every case, I just use the headphone amp built into the mixing console.

• Moderators

lol!

Speaking of muffins....one of the best pranks you can pull is to put a muffin wrapper inside the headphones with the muffin side pointing out. That has gotta be one of the most disgusting feelings to have on your ears...[:@]

Second only to a Wet Willie, I'm sure [8o|]

I have a set of open-back Sennheiser's, HD570. I tried a few different ones in Toronto when I was at Bay Bloor Radio, I was there for schooling in Toronto. I found the Grado's had too much pressure from the headband and were not comfortable for extended periods. The Sennheiser HD600 was not worth spending the extra dough. I found that the headphone out on my Marantz AVR is inferior to the one on my Akai AM-U7 integrated, so they must be kind of finicky.

I can wear those Sennheiser's for hours. They don't play extremely loud, which is OK. They do have nice bass, but not over-exaggerated.

lol!

Speaking of muffins....one of the best pranks you can pull is to put a muffin wrapper inside the headphones with the muffin side pointing out. That has gotta be one of the most disgusting feelings to have on your ears...[:@]

Second only to a Wet Willie, I'm sure [8o|]

Yea, you don't get to lick your finger after digging out a wet willie....

I just recently bought a pair of Sennheiser HD555s and I love them. My dad had Sennheiser's that I grew up listening to and they always sounded great. I like the big over the ear design because in Canada it gets cold and in the winter time they are perfect. These Sennheiser's I have a great for long periods of listening too, they never make my ears too warm. I use these headphones for music and games mostly and I am ashamed to say I prefer them over my Klipsch speakers for games.

I love my Sennheiser HD 555's. They are extremely comfortable, and very lightweight considering the size of them. Only drawbacks are the 3.5mm adaptor on the end and that since it is an open air design, sounds can be heard from others nearby. Other than those, I love the feel and SQ produced by them.

Senheiser HD280Pros are very flat headphones for the price ($100). Highs are there but not overly bright, lows are there but not muddy. They are closed so they make great winter muffs and are well suited for any travel thanks to their 15db+ of all natural isolation.

HD497s are another great set that go for around $50. Little more efficient than the 280s due to lower resistance and a slightly louder bass and brighter highs. They are very light compared to most comparable headphones but have cheap pleather/plastic surrounds can get sweaty.