TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE?

BigStewMan

i would love to jump all over this but it sounds too good to be true. i'm in los angeles area, so this is about a six hour drive but i have relatives in oakland and could pay them a visit.

i've never seen anyone selling these for this low. deal of a lifetime or let the buyer beware???

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/441695339.html

The price is certainly good. One caution might be that La Scalas were frequently used in bars etc for sound reinforcement. If they were driven hard or moved around a great deal there "could" be concern about the condition of the diaphragms, woofers, and driver magnets (esp if they are alnico). If the first two are bad the symptoms are usually obvious. In any case, components are available and can be replaced.

Obviously I am suggesting a worse case possibility. But if things check out okay, the price is quite good. Unless there in something wrong, I suspect these will get sold very quickly. Have you heard La Scalas before?

Good Luck,

-Tom

Even if the cabs were empty, that wouldn't be a bad deal. You might find the tweeter diaphragm's blown, but most likely they'd be o.k. Not a big deal to replace if they are bad.

Since they are listed for obo, I wonder if four bills in person might get them.

Wouldn't expect them to be available long at that price.

Even if the cabs were empty, that wouldn't be a bad deal. You might find the tweeter diaphragm's blown, but most likely they'd be o.k. Not a big deal to replace if they are bad.

Since they are listed for obo, I wonder if four bills in person might get them.

Wouldn't expect them to be available long at that price.

What Dee said. Hurry!

tc