50's and older khorns anyone using them?

khorn51

• 1 year later...

I have a 51 k-horn. January 1951.....2 way..... all original with a stephens driver and a jensen p15ll woofer. Sounds better in the midrange but with less top end than my 3-way khorn with aa crossovers. Use the 3 way for the right channel and the 2 way for the left. Together they both blend well with different crossovers and different midranges. I'm always toying with the idea of changing the 3 way to a 2 way. But I can't seem to find another Stephens midrange that is priced fair. My avatar is the backside of my 51 khorn. BadDad

BadDad,

I wonder when Klipsch went three way as both my 51 khorns are factory three way,

One has the jensen pl5 the other a early Stevens trusonic. The one with the jensen also has a jensen twetter.

Soon I will be playing with a 47 and 49-50 khorn two way. one has a very early trusonic mid/high driver the other a very early Altec 802b .

I think in 50 and 51 they were doing both 2 and 3 way.I double checked mine was from Feb 1951. I bought my 51 last year from the son of the original owner. He passed away in the nursing room at 94 years young. The klipschorn was such a valued piece he took it with him to the nursing home. The caretakers told me how they had to always get on him to turn it down. He sure loved his classical music.If you ever want to part with that trusonic driver, Give me a shout. [:D]

• 3 weeks later...

I think in 50 and 51 they were doing both 2 and 3 way.I double checked mine was from Feb 1951. I bought my 51 last year from the son of the original owner. He passed away in the nursing room at 94 years young. The klipschorn was such a valued piece he took it with him to the nursing home. The caretakers told me how they had to always get on him to turn it down. He sure loved his classical music.If you ever want to part with that trusonic driver, Give me a shout. Big Smile

Hell yeah!!! If that isn't a Klipsch commercial I don't know what is.

If either of you are in the market for a two way 1950 KHorn, I have a different forum friend who is moving his 1950 Khorn with Stephens mid. He lives pretty close to you, 51KHorn.

If it came close to matching my 51, I'd have to rob the retirement fund. I'll send a PM