Spinning lady

dtel

• Moderators

What is really wierd about the whole thing....dtel showed the "Spinning Lady" to me....I only saw her turning one way, even after looking away and back several times for a couple of minutes. I then called our niece and nephew downstairs. All four of us viewed the "Spinning Lady" at the same time. Two or three of us saw her spinning the same way, while one of us saw her spinning the other way....all while looking at the computer monitor at the same time. Then one of us would see her spinning one way, while the other three saw her spinning in the opposite direction. So, we called in our sister-in-law and all five of us watched the "Spinning Lady" at the same time, with the same results. One of us would see her going one way, then two or three of us would see her going the same direction....at one point four of us saw her going the same way, while one saw her going the other way.

Strangely enough, our nephew is left handed (the only one of us that is left handed). Generally, he saw the lady going the opposite direction from the rest of the group.

Our viewing the Spinning Lady actually escalated to us arguing over which direction she was going! Try it with two or three people and see what you come up with.

Really strange stuff.

Interesting but I question the implications regarding right/left brain and IQ.

I found that focusing on the down foot and the shadow of the down foot enabled me to reverse the rotation from clockwise (looking down head to toe) to counter-clockwise and back. With a little practice I could reverse the rotation almost immediately when the foot was pointing at 12:00 or 6:00.

• Moderators

Good Lookin' Girl ................. goes both ways.........[:$]...........snicker,snicker............

I didn't know what it was , but I knew there was something I liked about you OB, that was funny, dirty old man. [;)]

• Moderators

Interesting but I question the implications regarding right/left brain and IQ.

I found that focusing on the down foot and the shadow of the down foot enabled me to reverse the rotation from clockwise (looking down head to toe) to counter-clockwise and back. With a little practice I could reverse the rotation almost immediately when the foot was pointing at 12:00 or 6:00.

Probably just an optical illusion, the L/R thing and IQ is just [bs], I know the IQ thing is [bs] , because I can make it change ! [*-)]