My System!!

montigue

oh wow! that is nice!!! bet that sounds like heaven Smile.gif looks like it at least! LOL! j/k, just missing the golden gates Smile.gif

how do you like that TV? we can not decide on whether to get a Tube HDTV from sony or panasonic i think, for $2000 at 36" or get a 47" Mitsubitsi HDTV projection screen... they both have of course incredible pictures... any ideas?

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

You have a yamaha receiver with front effects channels right? If you don't then I don't know why you have 5 channels in the front... Nice setup by the way. Those are all legend series right? Don't you think it's creepy how that svs just snuck in their for the picture? Did you notice this when you were taking it? I bet it crept right back to its corner right after the picture was taken without you even knowing about it. Sneaky little bastard.

-UP

------------------

I love you Aki Ross!

quote:

Originally posted by mike stehr:

My buddie got his 61' sony for $2000.

Shop around.

i have seen some like that but non that were widescreen and HDTV.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

Oh ya, I forgot to list all the items. Well here is everything I got:

Klipsch KG 5.2 mains

Klipsch KG 2.2 rears

Klipsch KLF C-7 center

Sony Wega flat screen 36"

Sony DTS DVD player

Sony Hi-Fi VCR

Harman Kardon AVR 65 receiver

SVS 20-39 sub w/Pioneer amp

I know the pictures really are in poor quality. I need a new camera for sure. If you can notice the brick behind the entertainment center, thats the fireplace. (well it was) Because of my room shape the only way to make it work was to design the system to fit over the fireplace. Thats why I bought the two teirs and then made a shelf to put on top of them. The wega was a bit to deep to fit flush on the fireplace concrete slab so I had to use blocks to hold up the front of it.

I really dont like the tv that much. 2 reasons, 1 being its too small for my thunderous sound stage Smile.gif (especially with the letterbox formats) I really need at least a 45" projection. 2 It dosent fit flush on the concrete slab making it a bit unstable especially with a 40 pound C-7 sitting on top of it.

I let my wife talk me into returning back the 45" mitsu we had for the Wega. She says it was hurting her eyes. (what a wimp) I really am dreaming of a HD tv. Someday I will have it.

I put the rear speakers on top of the entertainment system and moved the SVS in front so I could get everything in one picture. (just showin off cwm32.gif)

Oh by the way, I included my duaghters in the picture. They cant help it if they are so photogenic.

from right to left Angela, Katie and kimberly.

They love it as loud as I do..... I just cant wait until they get tired of listening to Britney Spears!cwm14.gif

This message has been edited by montigue on 12-31-2001 at 02:11 AM

the pioneer is actually able to produce the ouput the SVS needs at 4 OHMS. No doubt it can shake my entire house. Although the definition is not their IMO. Maybe the SVS is supposed to sound that way I dont know but the amp is rated 150w x 2 @ 6 ohms.

Try and use a new receiver/amp with this output and it would probably clip or overheat during the high demand periods. If you have to use an amp with less than 200w, it has to be an older on.

Monty

That is sweet! Smile.gif

------------------

Home Theater:

TV: Panasonic TH-42PW4 (42" 16:9 Plasma)

Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (230V version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Sony DVP-S9000ES

VCR: Sony SLV-ED100 (Hi-Fi VCR)

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Very Nice! I have the same problem with a smallish TV. My Scala's take up most of the space on any wall I have to put them on. Dosn't leave a lot of room for a big TV. But the sound is the important part anyway. LOL cwm1.gif

------------------

Yamaha RX-V620 receiver

1976 Klipsch La Scala's

Klipsch KSW12 Sub.

Klipsch SC1 Center

Klipsch KG 3.5 rears

Panasonic RV31 DVD

Sharp 32" TV

Nice set-up Monty! Would like to see how those 2.2s are set up in the rear.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KLF-C7 (center in storage)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

Hi T-man,

I'm going to take this camera back and get a better one. Then I will post much better pics. The picture just dosent give me an justice. If you were in my living room you would see how sweet it really looks and sounds. I don't mean to brag so much it's just that I am proud of what I have put together.

Monty