SETi finally got KHORNS!

seti

It is hard to have a bad attitude looking at khorns : )! 

I got out of work early today : ) My girlfriend said she was going out with a couple friends as I'm "preoccupied"...LOL.  So Dee loaned me a K77 tweeter and I installed that with a definate improvement. I ordered crossovers from Bob Crites but I couldn't wait for them to get here which will be soon.... You know how it is. I hope Rigma doesn't mind but I borrowed his rebuilt A/AA crossovers from the Beeles and installed them in the khorns.

Changes so far.

Lack of bass. Rewired bass bins with new wire and problem solved.
Bad tweeter. Dee's Loaner took care of that problem. 
Sound very muddy or lack of detail. Put in temp rebuilt crossovers and now we are cooking.

Klipschorns are amazing! WOW Going to listen to tunes. Thanks guys!

It is hard to have a bad attitude looking at khorns : )!

I got out of work early today : ) My girlfriend said she was going out with a couple friends as I'm "preoccupied"...LOL. So Dee loaned me a K77 tweeter and I installed that with a definate improvement. I ordered crossovers from Bob Crites but I couldn't wait for them to get here which will be soon.... You know how it is. I hope Rigma doesn't mind but I borrowed his rebuilt A/AA crossovers from the Beeles and installed them in the khorns.

Changes so far.

Lack of bass. Rewired bass bins with new wire and problem solved.

Bad tweeter. Dee's Loaner took care of that problem.

Sound very muddy or lack of detail. Put in temp rebuilt crossovers and now we are cooking.

Klipschorns are amazing! WOW Going to listen to tunes. Thanks guys!

............My girlfriend said she was going out with a couple friends as I'm "preoccupied"..........

LMBO!!!

Ian,

Welcome to the wonderful world of restoration, upgrades, and modification. Lynn would be very willing to discuss the aspects of audio preoccupion with Amy.[:'(]

Let me know when you want her to call.[6]

Just glad that you got what you wanted. Sometimes the road to perfection can be more enjoyable than perfection itself. [:)]

Can't wait to hear them in your dedicated audio room, a Khorn-corner room if I ever saw one.

Again, congrats my buddy,

tc

Ah, so this is why you wanted test tones...

Congrats on the score. How long has it been since you've been looking? And what is Rigma doing with a pair of Belles?!?

Thanks DrWho but I did finally find these it just took some searching. http://www.burninwave.com/#freqsweep They came in very handy. I believe Rigma has the collect them all idea : ) If I had the money I would have kept them but I have a good khorn room now. Off and on I have been searching for a couple years before I could pull it off and found the right pair.

Well done. By the way have you tweaked your little Trends 10.1 amp? I played around with the caps (took 'em out) and added some Mundorf and Hoviland. WOW what a diff a cap makes.

Have fun

Cheers

The trends sounds better than it should but it bothers me sometimes. Perhaps I will pop some good caps in and see if that helps. Which caps did you like best? Thanks

Thanks DrWho but I did finally find these it just took some searching. http://www.burninwave.com/#freqsweep They came in very handy.

Interesting. They have a file that claims a 10Hz - 30kHz sweep using a wav file recorded at 44.1kHz...For those not in the know, it is absolutely impossible for a 44.1kHz sample rate to produce frequencies above 22.05kHz.

Anyone else notice the aliasing at the end of the file? It's only more ironic on a webpage touting cable burn-in [:D]

Beautiful.

Thanks DrWho but I did finally find these it just took some searching. http://www.burninwave.com/#freqsweep They came in very handy.

Interesting. They have a file that claims a 10Hz - 30kHz sweep using a wav file recorded at 44.1kHz...For those not in the know, it is absolutely impossible for a 44.1kHz sample rate to produce frequencies above 22.05kHz.

Anyone else notice the aliasing at the end of the file? It's only more ironic on a webpage touting cable burn-in [:D]

Beautiful.

I don't believe in cable burn in myself. Caps yes but not cables LOL... I didn't read any of their propaganda I just used their files. Fortunately I do not need any tones under 30Hz. : )