Would you pass on a pair of Heresy Speakers

kelly001

300 is a fair price - they usually sell around 325-350 - you are not CRAZY to pass on the deal or anything - but if you are asking if that speaker is worth it for $300 - my opinion - NO DOUBT its worth it - the Heresy is a very credible speaker - if its in great condition - I personally think $300 is a fair price.

Do yourself a big favor and run, as fast as you can, from this MADNESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is just the tip of the Iceberg, it only gets worse. I never knew my stereo sucked until I joined this Forum .................... Proceed at your own risk !!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!

Do yourself a big favor and run, as fast as you can, from this MADNESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is just the tip of the Iceberg, it only gets worse. I never knew my stereo sucked until I joined this Forum .................... Proceed at your own risk !!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO

Well it has a quarter size chip to the top of the veneer and I can't preview it which makes me nervous. According to the seller it hasn't been modified or serviced since he bought it.

As long as I'm not passing on the deal of a lifetime...

Kelly,

I'll take the contrary position ... I've bough a lot of Klipsch speakers over the last five years and a few observations: (1) Not being able to preview them is a problem; my gut tells me your instincts are right; (2) a quarter-sized chip is pretty large, but it tells me these speakers haven't been protected as well as they should have been, be it parties or moving; (3) my gut tells me that you'll have to replace the diaphragms for the tweeters ... they're probably blown. Figure $75 for that plus the hassle of ordering them, install them, etc..

Being able to preview them would enable you to take a simple multimeter to see if the diaphragms are intact, as well as checking the mid-range and woofers. If someone won't let you do this, I'd be stressed a bit. If you've already done a deal, that's fine, but if not, I'd tell him it's a deal-breaker and look around Audiogon or Craig's list.

I paid the record price for a pair of oak Heresies ($700) on Ebay ... but they were local, they were perfect, and they were relatively rare in my area. I was OK with the decision and didn't lose any sleep.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Chris

The guy decided to suddenly up the price by $150 and also drop their age by 12 years. [*-)]

Given this, I'd definitely run ... He's not only dishonest about the age, he's got no conscience.

Find a better seller to do business with.

Keep an eye out for some Cornwalls in the Boston area. Cambridge has a lot of them since old-timers bought them at the Music Box in Brookline (?) when it was open. I got a nice pair of 1967 Cornwall II (verticals) from such a situation. Dr. Lessard now owns them and they can be had for $800-$1000 if you're patient.

Chris

Let's see if I understand you correctly .............started out as 1980ish for $300. ... now ...1992ish for $450 ??? Is that close ....... still has quarter size chip on top ? Guess your not taking my advice ........ save yourself now, while you still can, once your bitten by the Klipsch bug, your done ...........