RSW-15 for sale.... $650.00 (Mpls, MN).... Epik Conquest is coming

dexter

that thing is huge

Hey! Be nice Jay! Some of us around here aren't exactly small. Of course to Michael Hurd it may appear somewhat puny.

In any case, the RSW-15 is very nice looking and probably does a good job. The Epik Conquest does look pretty serious. Compared to the RSW-15 it is rather large. (Bigger is quite often better.)

Enjoy your new sub! Both of you! This would be a win-win situation. (#%@ I should be shot or at least banned, entering mgmt speak on the Forum... forgive me please [:$])

blsamuel, i have an tcsounds lms 5400 in my room

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metellica "one" chest pounding tight lights out... wow ( Jacksonbart... My RF-7s have never sounded better)

Star Wars Episode III: Incredible lows... The Conquest completally pressurized my entire entire basement with body pounding bass.

Musically: I just wish the Conquest would have come out 3 years sooner.

Conclusion: Yes its big... This sub has brought back the fun in home audio...

Back to listening

Jon

blsamuel, i have an tcsounds lms 5400 in my room

Jay - are you going to post any pics (or maybe you have already in another thread)?

The Epik conquest doesn't look that big. To my eyes, it looks significantly smaller than the washing machines we've owned. Now a large subwoofer was a homebuilt one from Speaker Builder magazines from the 80's or 90's. Sand filled double enclosure using 30" (yes, 30" unless my memory is wacked [*-)]) Electro Voice drivers. And I think they built a pair. Something like 27 cubic feet. Unfortunately I didn't find the article in the small stash of old Speaker Builder magazines I found in my garage. Only looked a couple of minutes as I'm not sure I've managed to keep all of them.

Given a sub sat system where the subwoofer is many times the size of one of the satellites, a HUGE subwoofer would be fitting for a pair of La Scalas.

But I did find a link with a picture of the 30" driver for anyone who thinks I'm making that up... http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19749 This thread says the 30" beast was used in the Patrician line. And here someone has one for sale: http://cgi.videogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?subwpasv&1168105031&class&3&4& There's also a couple of ads for sale on eBay.

There's also a pair of Patrician 800 speakers for sale - $3,000 - the size of an amoire http://savantaudio.com/evp800.html

This sub has brought back the fun in home audio...

Glad you are enjoying it to the max - but that comment - I gotta ask... The RSW wasn't any fun in home audio? I find that really hard to believe...

You guys enjoy your gigantic subs while I look forward to my itty bitty RSW 15.[|-)]

I was extremely disappointed with the bass coming from my RSW 12 last night. Not the sub's fault but the movie soundtrack. I keep mine on auto-enable and cross over at about 70 hz. We watched Ocean's 13 and I swear to you the only time the sub kicked in the entire movie was during the earthquake simlations and even those weren't very impressive. Anyone else see that movie yet? There seemed to be plenty of scenes with great low-end possibilities but they just weren't used. Very disappointing!

are you doubting me?

Jay - not doubting you at all. I'd just like to see a picture. I do remember viewing some absolutely amazing internal bracing you had constructed of a subwoofer project you posted, at least I think it was you. Just don't recall seeing the finished project or other subs you may own.

This sub has brought back the fun in home audio...

Glad you are enjoying it to the max - but that comment - I gotta ask... The RSW wasn't any fun in home audio? I find that really hard to believe...

The EPIC is most likely reproducing notes the RSW can't get close to.

Q-Man,

I am still overwhelmed by the incredible performace of the Conquest. The Conquest has dramtically improved the sounstage of my 26 x 24 basment with room filling body punching, hair raising bass that literally take my breath away every time I listen to it.

A night and day difference

TIme to get back to work

Jon

Send me a PM if you want to talk