RSW-15 for sale.... $650.00 (Mpls, MN).... Epik Conquest is coming

dexter

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Go to http://www.edesignaudio.com and look up the A7-900 dual 18" subwoofer.

It is being talked about on the AVS Forum. It best the Epik Conquest and cost $ 2,000.00 which includes shipping the 450 pound beast to your door.

They also did some more experimenting with the Conquest and found out that it sounds better on it's side. That doesn't surprise me. The woofer shound be near the floor.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a Conquest and a ED A7-900 they are both unbelievable performers. For the price It is amazing what you can get now for in the 2k price range.The output from the ED-A7-900 is even greater than my Danley. The Conquest is right behind the A7-900. I have been having a lot of fun playing with the new subs. They are big and not for every room or (WAF) though. Just my two cents.

rmlowz

I read some of your post on the AVS Forum. I'm glad that you found this topic here, so I can ask you a few questions. I don't know how "Craigsub" measures and test all of the subs that he compares, but it is an interesting ranking system. The guy seems to have the respect of all his peers, so I don't want to question him untill I read and observe more.

I almost put in an order for the A7-900, then I looked closer at it's drivers and plate amp. The Conquest's driver and amp appear more robust looking. Do you find that to be true? I think both of these subs were said to have more punch then the Danley. Is that so? I hate to put you on the spot, but do yor prefer one over the other?

My new plan is to order the Conquest, with the hope that one sub will be enought for my room. I'm running out of space with 6 Klipschorns and 4 LaScalas in it. I only have a couple of placement options for the sub. I am willing to get another Conquest if one can't perform like I hope it can, but because of available space I prefer not to

Thanks, Q.

Q-Man:

I'm not a sub expert, so please keep this in mind as you read my post.

I got to audition Dexter's Epik Conquest when I picked up the RSW 15 for GaryMD. This thing is "Huge", not only in physical size, but in output as well.

Not sure what the size of your room is Q-man, but in Dexter's HT one is more than enough. This is just a guess, but I estimate Dexter's room to be about 24X30. This sub is huge, which makes placement difficult, even if layed on its side, which is what the manufacturer recommends.

The only sub I have to compare the Epik to is my SVS 16, water heater sub. I'm full aware that these 2 subs are not in the same league so I'm not going attempt to state the differences. There are too many.

The website states that the Conquest is a "Commercial Sub" and since I don't know what makes a sub "Commercial", all I can add is that this sub shouldn't have any trouble filling large areas.

The price of the Conquest is quite reasonable and may be worth the gamble to see how it preforms in your room , Q-Man.

I would like to see some tests/reviews of the Conquest VS Klipsch's THX subs VS Velodyne VS ETC.

The Conquest may be a sleeper, but that award will have to be determined by someone else with more experience and knowledge than I have. [;)]

JJ

Double J. Since our last meeting I decided to place the conquest on its side and change its orignal placement. Without question the placing the Conquest on its side and changing its location has improved its performace both muscially and movies in my current set-up. I have however come under the realization with my current set-up that I am restricted on all the possibilities of ideal placement of the Conquest.

ME VOILA ! HA HA HA [:o]

To the displeasure of the little ones,TheEAR is back,for a limited time ONLY !

Congrats on the Epik Conquest,yes the sub is large but far from huge. My multi TC Sounds Goliath weighs about twice as much and is still larger. But as far as commercial subwoofers go,yes it is BIG.

The EPIK Conquest as well the ED dual 18" monsters are sleepers,gargantuan performance for a mere $2000 ! Get one or two and have a smile,huge one each time those fake explosions make BOUM KAMOUM PATOF !

2008 is the year folks,the year my EPIK and ED subs arrive,just finished "changing:" my audio room number one. Space is free to acomodate two BIG subs ,you guess what will go in ? He He HAAAAA

I have stcked my Velodyne's,my JL's ,my Klipsch ,mt TC Sounds...my many subs. Now the magnetic filed is mortal ! Time to add more, and the room was reduced to ~700cu ft NET INTERNAL FREE SPACE ! To saythe SPL right now is INHUMAN and DEVASTATING is a grotesque understatement.

To all SUBWOOFER MANIACS I SALUTE YOU. To all moderate ,tiny squaker users...get a real sub(ot three dozens). [:D]

The sub that started it all, (this thread that is) has moved on to the East. The only problem is that it needs to go about 135 miles SW to it’s final resting place. With Christmas and travel plans in the mix; Gary and I were unable to get together for the drop off. That’s very unfortunate because I always enjoy spending time with the GMan. Anyway, the RSW15 is safely stored away at my Aunt’s & Uncle’s place outside Philly and either Gary will make the trek up or he’ll wait until I get in the next time. Once again, thanks to the Double J for his part in the delivery process.

• 4 weeks later...

What what ? "Will it be strong enough to keep up with RF7's"...damn right it will. What are the RF7's??? World SPL champs,nope,they can play very loud,so can subs like the Conquest.

The Conquest will more than keep up,it can overpower the RF7's and keep up with Klipsch Horns in larger rooms. I am basing this on DIY subs using a similar displacement driver in a similar size box and close to the same power backing the driver.

I have the RSW10,RSW12 and RSW15 as well as the RT10d and RT12d. It is not only keeping with the RF7's it is to dig alot deeper than the RF7's. The RSW15 below 25Hz looses steam...FAST. A large vented using a best of a driver like the one the Conquest uses...ported is still very capable at 16Hz ! With room gain you near the 10Hz more than usable output !

There is no replacement for displacement. I have had too many subs of all sizes and designs to be impressed by mere hype.

From now of it is mostly PORTED large subs. The toy sized subs...bass modules. [;)]

Bank on it,TheEAR give this sub theseal of might !

Sealed ,even with a huge excursion two little f113 would match it. 12L of displacement,it takes a monster 18" to move this much air.

Plus do not forget small sealed ...BIG AMP. And big amp ,you only have 1300W plate amps ,the 2..2.5 and up are custom jobs.the price increase and performance loss is not worth it. The f113 keeps up with even large subs from 30Hz up,at 20Hz all larger ported capable subs will best it as...you can move only that much air with a sealed.Ported,the back pressure is used and the port adds a heck of a deal more around tuning !

Dexter,

No problem,thanks for the positive comments.

The JL Audio subs are not going to win price / output wars. As no sealed can compete with a competent ported. But I like the JL just the same,and even more...the reason. What a great piece of design all around ! Being a technophile I can enjoy and apreciate the work that has gone into these subs.

EAR!,

So would you recommend the Epik Conquest as a companion piece for my Kornerhorns and Bell Center? I've been looking for something to help the lower end. I've used an M&K200 Mark II for a while and it helps fill in the lower end but I would think that the Conquest will be several steps up in the chain.

Thanks for your input!