Got questions about Palladiums?

damonrpayne

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The demo setup is through a magnificent stack of Mac gear and currently being run through a set of monstrous external passive networks (we'll figure out how to get em in the cabinets eventually). Yes I heard them the other day- sweet and deep. Incredible top end. Very lifelike and good imaging. Kauffman had them quite a distance from the front and side walls- probably 3 feet either direction- and the bass was still stupendous.

Michael

Be quiet in here so I can finish editing the intro and ship this to Jim and Chris for approval!

BTW: if you listen to the podcast you'll hear Jim say the 1st few runs of them are already sold, so they may be shipping but I don't know if you can get your hands on them...

Damon,

I assume you got a demonstration? Were they powered by the previous state of the art Jubilee setup of DSPs, active crossovers and multiple amps? Or, are these intended to be powered by one amplifier with a passive crossover?

There were no active crossovers, these are intended to be powered by a single amp with a passive crossover. The electronics were some of the new McIntosh gear.

There were no active crossovers, these are intended to be powered by a single amp with a passive crossover. The electronics were some of the new McIntosh gear.

Really?!? How interesting -- were those loaned by Mac, bought by Klipsch, or what? Did this represent a drift toward tubes? Any chance of a Klipsch-Mac or Klipsch-BAT linkup?

Larry

Damon's been here all day...he's currently chatting behind me with Keith (PR) and Mark Kauffman... I think he's had a pretty good day Smile It's been a pleasure having him here with us!

Are the Palladiums gonna be at Edge, in Palatine tomorrow? If so, I will be there too.

Amy, I tried calling you, on hold for 20 minutes, could you email me a # to talk?

Steve

bichonf@aol.com, or smilinaudio@aol.com

Thnaks in advance

• Moderators

Are the Palladiums gonna be at Edge, in Palatine tomorrow? If so, I will be there too.

No, they won't. Sorry about the miscommunication.

Sorry, I'm losing my mind trying to wrap up before holiday break. Try me again at the 800 klipsch number, and I'll try to stay put.

Steve, when you get yours.... And I know you will. Its only a matter of time. Give me a shout. I'll be right over. [:)]

Looking at what Larry posted - When you get them, have a party and we will all bring over our amps Tube and SS and hear how they sound.

I really like the Klipsch decided to have the squawker go down to 500 hz like the old Heritage did. That is a huge plus over the Reference line. And that three piston air pump pushing out the bass has to be tight and impressive sounding. I can't wait to hear them.

JM

• Moderators

What ever happened to all the Palladium info - the reports on their sound and so on? It's the most interesting Klipsch in 50 years - what's the hold up here?

Geeked

The German magazine Audio.de will include a full review in their
January issue--we will be getting a translated copy to post soon.
Damon had a chance to listen, and I'm sure he'll be sharing his
thoughts as soon as he gets a chance.

We just shipped the first
4 completed pairs the Friday before Christmas. These are very
difficult and time consuming to build, so it's not like we can crank
out and ship several pair to just any reviewer on demand.

I'll be sharing specs soon as well, although I'm not really a huge fan of specs.