The STRAT PACK Live in Concert

Islander

This is a DVD of a concert in Wembley Stadium to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Fender Stratocaster (1954-2004). I'd never heard of the concert or DVD until I got it for Christmas, but I'm really glad I got it! Every musician does at least one full song and some do several.

Some of the Stratocaster fans playing are: Joe Walsh, David Gilmour, Brian May, Paul Rodgers, Ronnie Wood, Phil Manzanera, plus quite a few more.

The whole concert runs 155 minutes, but I've only viewed about half of it so far. It's in Dolby Digital 5.1 and sounds really good. There's a real range of players, including Hank Marvin, one of the earliest stars. I hadn't heard of him, but he played with the Shadows back in the day and has a sort of Ventures style. It's not 100% guitars, since Amy Winehouse and Jamie Cullum do guest spots.

None of these musicians seem to be past it. Even Ronnie Wood sounds alright. They're all in good form and the 80,000 or so fans in attendance are having a great time. Highly recommended!

same here...my older brother picked this up some time ago and you just reminded me that when I was over at his house yesterday, I wanted to snitch this to give it a listen on my system...I have heard it and it is great...nice to hear the WIDE range of music by a wide range of artists...

Bill

The only mods are the replacement of the original saddles and block with Callaham. The original saddles were the blocks of "cintered steel" which is compressed powdered steel and the original block was pressed zinc or whatever. The Callaham saddles are the old fasioned bent steel and the block is a single machined piece of very fine steel. It's my one and only Strat, played daily the last 20 years, 100's of gigs without a problem. Here's another picture.

post-16099-13819354850636_thumb.jpg

I had a Tele back in the 70's and liked it a lot, pretty much learned how to play on it. I wish I had kept it, but I traded it for a DM-18 which I still love and play.

I just figured out how to record and upload mp3's this evening, and made a test take to see how it works. If you'd like to hear it, go to this site below. It's my 20 year old Strat with just a hint of reverb; the first verse is with the bridge pickup, the second is with the neck pickup. I tried to make all kinds of noises to see how they sound. I'm pretty impressed with the sound quality as these things go. This is my first attempt, so I've still got a few things to learn... at least I think I got the levels pretty close.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=790872

I re-finished one for my buddy with automative lacquer purple flake paint and polished it to a glass finish. He seemed to like it just fine but I don't know how or if the paint changed the sound. I don't know how old it was.

JJK