You Thought Your Horns Were Hot?

jtkinney

Jim,

Yeah, next thing you know it'll be "Which sounds better, butane, propane or natural gas?"

Then the esoteric audio dealers will be selling refillable cylinders of bovine methane touting their gas as the only one able to create organic eargasms. Where's my No BS button?

Lee

Billybob,

Oxy Acetylene may be a little too much amplification.

Glad you said that. Just recalled this Home-Brew party in the city of Tally, awhile back. Event had all of these antique/collectable tapheads, all in a row to sample the different tastes. Anyhow, someone there had these line leads oxy-acetylene combined with a electric trigger filling up these plasic bottles and then this super- loud BAM!!!

Like a call-a-cop dinnerbell!

DrWho,

As a kid we had a Jacob's Ladder (think Frankenstein movies) made from a neon light transformer and a couple of welding rods sitting in the corner of our bedroom that looked a little like your photo, just smaller. No safety features between us and 17,000 v. I can't see me trying that with my kids without breaking several laws.

Billybob,

We used to do that as kids, except we used balloons and pieces of paper to ignite them. Dad used to wonder why his welding tanks were low. A friend thought that balloons were too small and tried a garbage bag. Unfortunately for him, the static electricity from the bag opening as it filled, lit the gas and removed most of his hair. It did grow back much later.

Somewhere as a kid I am sure I heard a tweeter that was like a flame of some sort. Wish I could remember it was very very "airy" sounding if I remember right, and did not have any directional cue as to where it was driven too?

Anyone remember this?

Indy are you thinking of the" Ionovac."

Billybob,

We used to do that as kids, except we used balloons and pieces of paper to ignite them. Dad used to wonder why his welding tanks were low. A friend thought that balloons were too small and tried a garbage bag. Unfortunately for him, the static electricity from the bag opening as it filled, lit the gas and removed most of his hair. It did grow back much later.

Whoaa..... he was the "God Of Hellfire" for a short......

• Moderators

Somewhere as a kid I am sure I heard a tweeter that was like a flame of some sort. Wish I could remember it was very very "airy" sounding if I remember right, and did not have any directional cue as to where it was driven too?

Anyone remember this?

Indy are you thinking of the" Ionovac."

Oh no not the Ionovac ! [:|] That thread about ionovac's a while back had flames of it's own !

the HILL PLASMATRONICS was a high-end speaker from the late 70's.Three way sys ...12" woofer, 5 or 6" mid, plasma tweeter. Heard a few times, great from 4-5k up. Bas was mediocre, mid so-so. But the upper mid top was wonderful. In fact, the tweeter was so fast, it made the other drivers sound slow, leading the system to poor top to bottom coherency. They sold for 7,000 dollars at the time.