Goodbye Joe Gibbs ...........

oldbuckster

Here is a true Winner in Life, nevers fails at what he does, plays by the rules, always a Gentleman, and a credit to the NFL. Men like Joe Gibbs are few and far between, and I wish him well in no matter what he decides to do. It's been a pleasure, twice now, to watch him coach in the NFL. Hall of Famer .......... Indeed !!!!!!! ................ You'll be missed, JOE !!!!!!!!!!

Yup, back to Nascar ............... Do you realize Joe Gibbs had a Championship Top Fuel Dragster team ? He left NHRA because it costs too much to compete for such little pay back, and there is more money not being a race winner in Nascar, than there is winning in NHRA. Mr. Joe Gibbs is a winner, a born leader/organizer, and a nice man to boot !!!!!!!!!! The NFL just took a step backwards with his retirement .................

I believe he has a grandson with dire health issues.

John,

As you know, my wife Lynn is director of development for Arkansas Athletes Outreach. She has the gift/ability to see some things before they happen. She booked Curt Warner (just before he won a Super Bowl) Emmit Smith before he recieved his due, and before he demanded big money for speaking.

Before that, she booked Joe Gibbs to speak at an AAO event. My perk is that I get to meet the guys (spent an evening with Reggie White RIP) because a non-profit org. is just that.

Anyway, I thought it was funny. Joe Gibbs agreed to to speak to her boys, at no charge. Cool! But when Lynn offered to book his flight, he said no, "I will fly in myself", and did so. His private jet landed at NXA and he spoke to her athletes. She recieved and paid a bill of $9,600 for........Jet Fuel .........

LMAO. He spoke for free, right? Air fare would be........$600.00 max? Hotell and accomaditions for two days.........$1, 500..........

Joe is a great guy,,........very personable ..........

tc

I'll miss Joe... definitely one of the good guys. He has a big heart, never swears, and leads by example. The NFL needs him much more than he needs them. Having said that, bring on Bill Cowher. The new players today need someone to get down their throats, and that's Bill in a nutshell. Go Skins!!!!

Mike