Pilgrimage Podcasts

I am planning on bringing recording gear this year. I'm coming up short on ideas though. We often cannot talk about the things we see in the labs, so that's out as a topic. I think I would like to do two:

1) Podcast at the mixer. Basically just everyone giving a "shout out", saying who they are etc. This one might be better as a Screencast, since I plan on bringing a very large amount of home brew...

2) Listening impressions: after the listening on Saturday, I might try to snag people to get some comments on the Palladium speakers.

Anyone see any issues with this, or have better ideas?

You might try capturing video of LarryC's classroom or whatever it is on classical music...

Do we get to hear the Palladiums at the next Pilgrimage? I guess that's a given since they tend to show off all the cool stuff...

Won't there also be an informational thing provided by I think Roy as well?

• 1 month later...

You might try capturing video of LarryC's classroom or whatever it is on classical music...

Do we get to hear the Palladiums at the next Pilgrimage? I guess that's a given since they tend to show off all the cool stuff...

Won't there also be an informational thing provided by I think Roy as well?

Please do get LarryCs class... I would love to listen to that!

I think I would like to do two:

1) Podcast at the mixer. Basically just everyone giving a "shout out", saying who they are etc. This one might be better as a Screencast, since I plan on bringing a very large amount of home brew...Anyone see any issues with this, or have better ideas?

May I suggest that a webcast would make much more sense, as all here (obviously) have access via a browser.

Many do not have an iPod. [:P]

Roger,

I'll be very happy to do that. I'll be emphasizing DVDs for people to watch performances as well as hear them (on Palladiums?). I have some promising DVDs, but want to round out a set that works for timing and effective sequence. Stay tuned -- maybe mid-May.

Larry

Thank you very much!

You just made my day!

So much of an appreciation of music of any form, is getting with someone who is passionate about it. They let you into the inside of why this and that is so great and then you might appreciate it even more. When I was a kid with live LP's and re issues, we got to find our favorite cuts by word of mouth and reading inside liner notes. We followed musicians through break ups and side groups as fans!

The joy and passion you showed us last year truly was worth something to me and others to sit and listen why this recording of this piece was priceless. Thanks again, in advance, for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...

Not live, but sure. We can post it on the fourm download section.

Our marketing team can do it or maybe Picky can film it...well I don't know if we can put the dvd tracks in video form on the net all legit like...

I am sure we can work something out...

Hey, you know me, Trey; I'm always glad to help out. I'll have my Hi-Def video equipment available to do whatever it is the Klipsch team will allow me to film. Just say the word and we'll "roll up our sleeves" and get busy! -Glenn

Glenn and Trey -- I'm not very self-conscious about such things, so I'm fine with whatever you do.

However, lights have been turned down in the past so's people can see the action on the screen/monitor -- is that a problem?

• 5 weeks later...

Well, now, I hope I haven't overreacted re myself -- I just don't think I show up well in pictures! Now, I think I may have presumed to speak for others, and I should have tried to avoid that. Thanks for your sensitivity --

Larry

• 3 weeks later...

Larry not to steal your thunder but rather enhance it?

I would LOVE a copy of your list of music before your talk. Yes, I wish to buy it too. I want to do this so I am familiar with it enough you can then let me understand the background and appreciate it more! Just a thought.

Roger, I posted a complete list of the ones I'm planning to use in the Friday Night Sign-Up thread, but didn't include DVD catalog numbers. The following gives the names and catalog numbers of what I think are the best DVDs for your purpose. I replied to your e-mail, but am posting it here in case someone else wants the info, too. I suggest you focus on the specific movements and selections I gave in the other thread:
  • Hector Berlioz -- Damnation de Faust, ArtHaus 102 023. This is a magnificent work for orchestra, chorus and 3 soloists, conducted by the great Georg Solti
  • Antonin Dvorak -- Symphony No. 9, "From the New World", EuroArts 2056048. Fabulous, "top-notch" orchestra, conductor, and camera work, perhaps the best orchestral DVD I've ever seen.
  • Claudio Monteverdi -- Vespers of the Blessed Virgin of 1610, Archiv 073 035-9. Outstanding performance of one of the greatest early baroque works IMO, with early 1600's chorus, soloists, and period instruments filmed in the San Marco Basilica in Venice.
  • Carl Orff -- Carmina Burana (also Beethoven's 9th Symphony), Phillips B2504-09 Ozawa, Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Giuseppe Verdi -- Requiem, DG B0004665-09, amazing cast of soloists (including Leontyne Price and a very young Pavrotti) and the very fine La Scala chorus and orchestra.

Larry

• 1 month later...