does anyone here build heresy based center channels?

bassetized

what i mean by
that is that because of lack of tools and ability, i would be
interested in someone building a center channel using a heresy mid and
tweeter with different woofers. my heresy center doesn't fit under my
Sony RP and i cant mount it above. also, how would the crossover change?

thanks guys,

chels

I turned mine on its side. It works just fine. I'm usually directly in front of it and sometimes lying down with my feet on the same side as the woofer, so it all works out. It's not dead center below the TV; the top edge of the squawker is dead center and I figure most of the dialogue comes from the squawker and tweeter, so that makes it effectively centered.

at the moment, it is on its side. the problem is that it doesn't fit under the table that supports the set. it sticks out into the room about 1.5 feet or more than the LR speakers(also heresies). the set is a Sony KDS-60A3000, it needs to be on a low stand for it to look its best so i don't want have it any higher up. i'd also like to keep the horns horizontal to keep imaging consistent. that being said, it does sound great as it is...i still would like to clean up the appearance and eliminate some possible issues that come with the present speaker placement,

thanks,

chels

• 1 month later...

Rebuilding the Heresy II as a center channel w/2 8" woofers and maybe a well calculated duct port is brilliant. I tried laying an HII sideways on top of my tv, the HI is unshielded and vibtates the hell out of the tv. Shielding the drivers and increasing the length of the cab wi/some other mods will make it a great center channel.

I have been building since Saturday night a center channel what started out as a medium size project turns out bigger as always. My center will consist of 2 12s from a heresy and the mid and tweeter from a lascala. When I get it closer to being painted I will throw pics up of the build but I am havening a hard time trying to come up with a project forum post name. Here is a pic of what I thought of starting out as by using 2 Heresy2 parts into one cabinet but my ideas evolved into some thing I think a lot of you will like. I decided against my first plan of this pic (sorry for the bad Photoshop job really sorry for the bad Photoshop job) I am not happy with this idea but I am sure it would work

262431194_LoHnn-L.jpg262431194_LoHnn-L.jpg

HA, Thank goodness it's only a bad Photoshop job, I thought you were the worst carpenter on the planet there for a minute.

A hint would be to use SINGLE horns of each type. You get only nominally more output with dual horns and make a variety of other problems.

Sorry, I have been away from the Klipsch forums for a while. I have been pre-occupied with guitars, guitar cabinets, and vinyl lately. I am, however, feeling the need to dive into Klipsch again.

Here is a Heritage center channel project I did about a year ago. The project worked out quite well, I hardly even notice the thing anymore. I have forgotten how unique it is.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/85987.aspx?PageIndex=1

jocko