Valentines Day

arfandbark

Pitter patter, let's get at 'er....

You guys shucking out the bucks for your stereo stuff need to make your big 'ol speakers look better by getting the better half something for V-Day.

It's less than a month away. Plan ahead. Brownie points. Think about it.

It shouldn't be a bottle of boiled linseed oil, either.

Harry is right. There is nothing worse than getting a new girlfriend that you are not sure you care about anyway right before valentine's day. Even she might feel the same way (we just met and now he's making a big deal about valentine's day?). Unless you want to go out to a fancy dinner anyway, but still just make it a date and de-emphasize the v-day part.

Oh Goody, My wifes new Crossovers made it here before Valentines Days ........... What am I going to do ? .... Where can I hide them ? .... BINGO, I know, I'll hide them in the Cornwalls, she'll never look there, that's a great hiding place !!!!! ............ Glad I thought of that ..........

Ten years ago this Valentines Day I bought my wife a very nice necklace with diamond pendant, flowers, dinner, drinks, dancing, and a night together without interuption.

At the end of the evening I proudly asked her "Now what else could a wife want for Valentines Day?"

Her reply totally shocked me. "Divorce"

I guess it was ok with me because the first thing that ran through my mind was..."I wish she would have asked before I spent all that money on Valentines Day"

Valentines Day is tougher now trying to figure out what to buy for the girls I see and date. It's a dilema throwing out subtle hints a month or two before Valentines Day.

I've learned to take them out shopping with me for new clothes or things like that so I can get input on what they like or their "wish list". I also will browse through the sale ads in the Sunday newspaper with them. It works!!

Now, I realize they're probably wise to my ploys to get a few ideas for gifts for them but it seems to be ok. They seem fine with my feeble attempts to please.

OH, and BTW, if your wife asks you what you want for Valentines Day, don't say "that red-head by the juke box". It didn't work out so well for me.

Just a couple of Valentines Day suggestions at ya.

Harry

Harry is right. There is nothing worse than getting a new girlfriend that you are not sure you care about anyway right before valentine's day. Even she might feel the same way (we just met and now he's making a big deal about valentine's day?). Unless you want to go out to a fancy dinner anyway, but still just make it a date and de-emphasize the v-day part.

I said I should find one not go spend massive money or make it a big deal?

Ten years ago this Valentines Day I bought my wife a very nice necklace with diamond pendant, flowers, dinner, drinks, dancing, and a night together without interuption.

At the end of the evening I proudly asked her "Now what else could a wife want for Valentines Day?"

Her reply totally shocked me. "Divorce"

I guess it was ok with me because the first thing that ran through my mind was..."I wish she would have asked before I spent all that money on Valentines Day"

sounded like my Christmas

Oh Goody, My wifes new Crossovers made it here before Valentines Days ........... What am I going to do ? .... Where can I hide them ? .... BINGO, I know, I'll hide them in the Cornwalls, she'll never look there, that's a great hiding place !!!!! ............ Glad I thought of that ..........

Hey Oldbukster, they find everything, you can't fool them. I once bought a preamp thinking she will never notice she doen'st know what i have, thought i got buy with it until one day she said "OH IS THAT NEW". I had some explaning to do.

I said I should find one not go spend massive money or make it a big deal?

OK except maybe you aren't quite getting what a "valentine" means. I realize at your age you know it all and have been there and done that even though you haven't and you will make your own mistakes so disregard any well meaning advice given along the way, that way the mistakes will teach you more effectively. Doom on you.lol.