K-402

Edgar

I assume that you're talking about an installation drawing--an engineering drawing, from my experience, is the one that is used to make the part(s) and assemblies. In that case, an installation drawing would detail the bolt-up sections and the overall dimensions. If you need any more dimensions, let us know.

Chris

I assume that you're talking about an installation drawing--an engineering drawing, from my experience, is the one that is used to make the part(s) and assemblies. In that case, an installation drawing would detail the bolt-up sections and the overall dimensions. 

Yes, installation drawing is what I mean. Sometimes, just banging-away at the keyboard, the subtle differences don't really occur to me.

Greg

Ok... I just got done measuring from the vertical standard to the BACK side of the 402 (the part that would mate up against the inside of the enclosure) and stressing the word "about"... it is about 16 1/2 inches after I tried to compensate for that little 3/8" lip that the driver is connected to.

...any chance you might know where I can get some Interface D woofers refoamed and the VMR's, possibly reconed?

I haven't been with EV since 2000, so I don't have any insider info. But I'll check with some of my old colleagues there and see what I can find out.

Greg

...any chance you might know where I can get some Interface D woofers refoamed and the VMR's, possibly reconed?

Here's the scoop from my friend at EV:

Hi Greg,

I checked with our service department and they list the Interface D as

not repairable. The VMR (Vented Mid-Range) appears to still be

repairable assuming he doesn't have a large quantity. If he wants to

send the in here is the contact information:

Bosch Communications Systems

1 Telex Drive

Morrilton, AR 72110

Phone 800-685-2606

If he does send them in he will need to fill out a form. It can be

obtained from the following link, which also has the addresses for

service:

http://www.electrovoice.com/contact.php?t=5.5&c1=1&c2=74&c3=&p=&z=55311

Another option, especially for the Interface D speakers is to contact

Bill Hanuschak at Great Plains Audio and see if he can help:

GREAT PLAINS AUDIO

7127 NORTHWEST THIRD ST.

OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA 73127

(405) 789-0221

Richard,

Are the vertical supports ( 1 ) really vertical? If they are, can you measure from the front of them to the front of the horn? Then measure the face of the mount between the driver and the flange ( 2 ). Subtract the two...

Just a thought.

Or, you could run a 4-foot level (straightedge) horizontally, flush with the flange, and measure the distance to the front of the horn (on each side of the horn...average both measurements to find the depth). Do dat make cents?

Richard,

Are the vertical supports ( 1 ) really vertical? If they are, can you measure from the front of them to the front of the horn? Then measure the face of the mount between the driver and the flange ( 2 ). Subtract the two...

Just a thought.

Or, you could run a 4-foot level (straightedge) horizontally, flush with the flange, and measure the distance to the front of the horn (on each side of the horn...average both measurements to find the depth). Do dat make cents?

Now you are starting to use your head... that's not fair!