Mirage Has A Forum!

thebes

The Klispch Canadian cousin, Mirage, has a forum up and running:

http://community.miragespeakers.com/forums/

Recently acquired by Klipsch they made truly fine speakers. I remember in the early 90's when I was shopping for my first "real" set of speakers I was very much taken by the Mirage sound. I ultimately settled on Klipsch because of the price point difference but a few years later bought a pair for my ex-wife as an Xmas present. Sweet sounding things with plenty of bottom but lacking the mids and overall dynamics of he Kg's I had in my lineup at the time.

If I was looking for something in cones, rather than horns, that would be my first stop.

The website is set up just like our, a definite improvements over their old online presense which consisted of one employee answering questions most likely posted via email. The online customer support was totally archaic.

The forum appears to have been up for about two month now and doesn't seem to generate much in the way of activity. So if you have some knowledge of Mirage you might want to stop in from time to time and see if the place can be built up.

Maybe I should put up a story about a klutzy audiophile whose always screwing up his equipment but has the redeeming quality of dating super-hot triplets.

Nah, it'll never pass muster.

Oh, here's a suggestion for Amy. Why don't you set up the Mirage forum so that it will automatically accept sign in's from here. The whole registration process for any online activity is such a boor and tons of people don't bother. Id' bet long odds that most lurkers on any given forum either don't want to bother signing up or don't like handing out personal info to get signed up.

In other words, If we could access them and they could also access us maybe there would be some bleedover that would get them up to speed.

Maybe I should put up a story about a klutzy audiophile whose always screwing up his equipment but has the redeeming quality of dating super-hot triplets.

Nah, it'll never pass muster.

Good grief! I thought it was only twins....[8-)]

Mirage makes some good speakers. Smoooooth sound,very relaxing to say the least. I liked the M1 (if memory serves me well) ,needed a beefy amp like a Mark Levinson to really stretch its woofers. With a receiver...forget it,it would bottom out like nothing. The M3 using one 10" woofer up front and front and back mid/tweeter.Again beefy amp needed.

This was the good days at Audiocentre in Montreal before they moved. Some great gear in that store.

Great idea Thebes to allow signons for Klipsch forum members. Might be a good idea to allow all Klipsch Audio Technologies forum members to access any and all forums?

Thebes... you can get help about those moisture problems.

Yes Mirage does make some very good stuff. Not as live as Klipsch in my experience, but a whole lot better than a lot of the other stuff out there.

• Moderators

I'll have to have the webmaster take a look at the password thing. In the meantime, YES DO SIGN UP OVER THERE! I can reset your passwords to whatever you like, just send me an email. We have forums for Energy and Athena as well, if anyone is interested in those brands. Thanks all!

Joined,made a few posts.The people there need help...where is Colter ? When you need his post count. [6] Send Colter to help me. [:P]

This forum has the oldtimers,the self proclaimed experts and those we help(or bug sometimes). A healthy forum has its overseers.

Athena...sorry not my type. Mirage,I can relate to the M1,M3 and Nanosats. And the bipolar subs they made,as I have first hand/ear experience.

• Moderators

Thanks so much for joining in over there. I wish I could help more, but I'm not at all familiar with those products-- yet! Colter does what he can--mostly on the Energy forum. We have a lot to do over here with all these new products!! [:S]

Come on! Everybody knows The Ear knows absolutely nothing about subs. Why he's probably never even seen Das Boot![:D]

Glad to hear you are following up Amy. The easier you make it the better the chance folks will put in some time over there and help build the place up. It's probably as simple as dumping the signin file into the other software, especially since you're using the same software on both forums. Use the "announcements" section when you get it done. Go Amy, Go Amy, Go Amy!!!!

Moisture jokes, huh. So some of you guys think your comedians. What to run with the big dogs. Take on Thebes at his own Spec-i-ality, do you. well bring it on!

So a bear walks into a bar....

I know there is a good following for Mirage,I will help the users there. When I can. Any chance you are buying more companies I like,be sure to let me know.

Here buy... Audio Pulse,sub experts. You can be sure I will rack 100 posts a day(in my good ole boxing forum days on Eastsideboxing...I was the lunatic with 60-80 posts/day). I got booted for being a bit to energetic...[8o|]